• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We could be extremely dangerous if we mix it up!!!

Wurider05

If we decied to go big during the course of a game, based on who we have now what will be our most effective lineup?

PG-JJ

SG-Marvin Williams (I read somewhere that he can play the 2)

SF-Josh Smith

PF-Sheldon

C-ZAZA

This has got me thinking about other scenarios that would allow us to use our versatility

Speed/small lineup

PG-Speedy

SG-Salim

SF-JJ

PF-Marvin

C-Josh Smith

These are just some combinations where we could possibly be dangerous next season. I hope that we learn from Dallas' success and don't be afraid to try different lineups. We could suprise some teams next season. I do have some questions that you guys can answer

1. What would be our best defensive lineup?

2. What would be our offensive lineup be?

3. What would be our best uptempo lineup?

4. What would be our best lineup against the Elite EC teams such as Miami and Detroit?

All these lineups should be based on the players that we have right now (minus AL). Let's see what we can come up with. This should keep us busy until we hear something about Al.

Quote:

1. What would be our best defensive lineup?

2. What would be our offensive lineup be?

3. What would be our best uptempo lineup?

4. What would be our best lineup against the Elite EC teams such as Miami and Detroit?

I'll take a stab at it

1. Speedy/JJ/Chillz/Smoove/Shelden

2. Speedy/JJ/Marvin/Smoove/Zaza

3. Speedy/JJ/Chillz/Marvin/Smoove

4. Speedy/JJ/Marvin/Smoove/ZaZa

I'll add one to the mix as well

Best 3pt. Shooting team

1. Lue/Slim/JJ/Marvin/Smoove

Ergo my Bonzi Wells suggestion. I mean realistically our choices at the two are

Chillz Too slow to guard 2's, 2 slow to get by 2's

Salim- Too short to defend 2's

We need a true 2 to backup JJ. I think that Deshawn Stevenson or Bonzi Wells would be perfect because they are both defensive oriented but can score as well.

no we don't because joe johnson is our #1 stud and he is in the league leaders in minutes on a yearly basis. Salim and Chill are more than adequate to back him up, especially with the lack of minutes for all our 3s.

No reason to pay a guy like Bonzi what he'll require, when you only really have 5-10 backup minutes to offer

Quote:

I don't know that he has the quickness to guard 2s. His length would help make up for it, but he seems like a 3/4 to me, probably more of a 3 at this point. He could play the 2, I'm just not so sure that you'd want him to.

I think we should plug Bernard Lester in at the 2.

I am not saying I would want him to but I absolutely think he could. i have seen him get switched off on pgs defensively and do a good job staying in front of them. In fact he may be the best on the team at cutting off the drives of the opposing guards.

And he timed just as fast if not faster than most of the 2s drafted the last two years. He timed faster than Roy and Brewer, about equal to Gay.

Quote:

Ergo my Bonzi Wells suggestion. I mean realistically our choices at the two are

Chillz Too slow to guard 2's, 2 slow to get by 2's

Salim- Too short to defend 2's

We need a true 2 to backup JJ...

That's a good point JB. I see Las's side too since JJ has been a minute absorbing workhorse these last 2 years - but we could be in a real bind if something were to happen and JJ had to miss a chunk of the season. Defensively we could really be hurting at the 2.

Not only that, but why does JJ have to play so many minutes? It is because we don't have anyone adequate to replace him with for any stretch of time.

And to Las so what if Bonzi has an edge, I don't want a bunch of choir boys. That's why I never go to Braves games. I want some attitute and fire on this team. As crazy as Artest is, it is that craziness that makes him so effective on the floor.

the reason why you don't want a guy with a bad attitude is that we're still so young and still rebuilding. On a championship team, it's ok to have a guy who freaks out when you lose. On a young team that loses more often (or as often) as it wins, that kind of personality can destroy the whole team and get everyone to quit. You don't need a guy who's going to go off, get Salim and Josh Smith to turn sour and cause a huge commotion.

I would prefer him over Bonzi for our specific team, but I just don't see a need for us. We have JJ/Salim, with Chill who can play there too. Our need for more big man help is so much bigger. I'd rather have more capspace in next year's huge free agent market then sign a guy just for the hell of it. I'd rather get foster than any of those guys

If the point is a defensive big, then suggest a defensive big. Foster isn't Wilcox isn't Magloire isn't. We drafted Shelden and Solomon, and we have Este. Our defensive failure is as much scheme as personel. Avery Johnson got Dallas to play better defense this year and they have no defensive stalwarts.

I think that getting a defensive perimeter player is just as important as a defensive big. If you play defense on the perimeter then the middle doesn't get exposed as much.