• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why hasn't the trade gone through yet??

Wurider05

I swear we are always the last team to get anything done. I mean how come one we know what was on the table and for what so I can't understand why we can't just pull the damn trigger. If its cash and a pick so be it. When it finally goes down and we get whatever or whatever for Al, we are probably going to be pissed considering how little we get versus the amount of time it took for the deal to go down.

I still say don't trade him to a division rival!!!!!

It's probably because we don't know what is on the table and what the deal parameters are at this point. What we know is that there is a lot of speculation by the media.

My suggestion is to just sit back, relax, and let this thing take whatever course it is going to take.

Once again though, it is a FACT that we DO NOT know what Indiana and Atlanta are talking about right now. It could involve Jeff Foster and Sarunus Jasekivicius. It could involve the trade exception and a couple of draft picks. It could involve a third team where the Hawks get Jamaal Magliore. NO ONE KNOWS!! There's no sense in getting on a message board and wringing our hands because no deal has been made yet.

• Premium Member

That's why I don't believe Indy will use their exception. I thnk they want to be under the luxury tax this year and next year and may consider moving JO either this year or next year.

I think it hasn't gone through because it isn't a done deal yet, despite what all the rumors are saying. What have we had in the way of proof? One local TV station in Indianapolis that appears to have badly jumped the gun reporting the trade as being complete, and then a bunch of internet rumors on RealGM feeding off of that, and sites picking up on the rumors being reported on RealGM and then feeding of off those. And that's it, there's nothing more than that.

Until it's officially completed, it's not done, and it may not ever be (regarding an Indy-Atlanta trade). Even Sekou said the other night that until it is *official* through the league office, there is always a possibility for any deal to fall apart, now matter how certain it might appear to be.