• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Building Team USA - ignore the other one

Lascar78

I guess I missed the editing window on the other one

Bballprincess will be reporting from the PC later today about the team USA roster. Due to various problems, there will only be 2 cuts made, presumably Morisson and Ridnour.

Assuming this to be the case, who are your 3 cuts for the final 12, and why?

PG:

Hinrich

Arenas

Paul

SG:

Wade

Johnson

SF:

James

Anthony

Battier

Bowen

PF/C:

Jamison

Brand

Howard

Bosh

Miller

Stoudemire

(didn't feel like splitting the PFs and Cs and having everyone argue on who was what).

So who are you cutting?

• Moderators

I cut Hinrich because I think the team has enough PG talent with Paul and Arenas who can also be helped out by JJ and Lebron.

As SF, 4 SFs is too many so someone needs to be cut. Given Bowen's lack of offensive ability and the importance of not having offensive holes in international play, I cut Bowen over Battier.

Jamison was the easiest cut. He is just not at the level of the other bigs on the team.

Note that Amare may not be physically capable of playing. I would put Hinrich back on the team if he drops out.

I will actually be reporting via teleconference while the announcements are being made. So the information as to who is on the roster will be coming as it is released in Vegas, and while all other media sources are getting the information as well. It will come first hand. Not secondary.

Plese be more specific that I will be giving the "inside scoop" as to what goes on inside the conference. So please be more specific before you report what I'll be doing and limiting me to just PC reporting about the roster! Thanks! Smooches!

If I'm not mistaken I think I'm the only one on this board with that access via teleconference. So if i'm wrong then my bad. grin.gif

I thought similarly. Except I thought 3 PGs would still do us good so I left them. Like you said, Jamison is the easiest cut. Too many SFs so I cut Battier. Bowen may come in handy, especially in defending NBA players, and is a spot up shooter. Last, I cut Amare, he's coming off the injury plus Howard is already there in the exact same role.

Jamison

Battier

Stoudemire

• Premium Member

Quote:

I thought similarly. Except I thought 3 PGs would still do us good so I left them. Like you said, Jamison is the easiest cut. Too many SFs so I cut Battier. Bowen may come in handy, especially in defending NBA players, and is a spot up shooter. Last, I cut Amare, he's coming off the injury plus Howard is already there in the exact same role.

Jamison

Battier

Stoudemire

Exactly the same three I cut for the same reasons. Hinrich is too good a player to remove and IMO he's one of the best shooters on the roster. We'll need that to battle the zone defenses.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

and like I told you in the other thread 5 minutes ago, PC stands for press conference.

Saw it after the fact.....No pun inteded, thanks for the clarification though! Smooches! grin.gif

Looking forward to getting the report from you first hand, but I am a little confused about the pun. ??

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

and like I told you in the other thread 5 minutes ago, PC stands for press conference.

Saw it after the fact.....No pun inteded, thanks for the clarification though! Smooches! grin.gif

Looking forward to getting the report from you first hand, but I am a little confused about the pun. ??

Meaning i wasn't trying to be a smart a&&

Quote:

I cut Hinrich because I think the team has enough PG talent with Paul and Arenas who can also be helped out by JJ and Lebron.

As SF, 4 SFs is too many so someone needs to be cut. Given Bowen's lack of offensive ability and the importance of not having offensive holes in international play, I cut Bowen over Battier.

Jamison was the easiest cut. He is just not at the level of the other bigs on the team.

Pretty much the way I see it. I would add that Bowen will be pretty old by the time the Olympics start and Wade can help out with the pg duties.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Meaning i wasn't trying to be a smart a&&

I just figured I missed a pun somewhere in there and didn't want to reread the post to find it. As Billy Crystal said, "mime is money!"

Reports are that anthony-johnson-paul are the big 3 shining in practices, so the odds of anthony being cut are zero. That being said, I don't like anthony's game and it's a bad fit for international ball, but he is good. Hopefully he'll understand where he is and not be a ballhog

I cut Stoudemire because we have no idea about his health, but I don't have first hand knowledge of his play.

I cut Carmello because of the way he bitched on the last USA team, and because I think he's not good for international play.

I cut Battier because I don't see what he brings to the table (can say the same about Bowen, but I guess his defense is the reason we should keep him).

I see us keeping all 3 PGs to match up better with the smaller teams.

Wade and JJ stay easily. Wade becuase he is great, and JJ because of his good man to man defense, shooting, and ability to play 3 positions in a pinch.

Lebron stays. No brainer here as he will be the best player on the floor every day. Brand has to stay, too.

The rest I could care less about. I like Jamison, and I like Miller because he can really get into people's heads.

Quote:

...Looking forward to getting the report from you first hand, but I am a little confused about the pun. ??

It will likely be a pretty vanilla deal to watch (meaning politically correct with no real controversy)...maybe they will do live streaming audio?!?

Then we could have a PC PC on our PC!