• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Al rumors EMPHASIZE rumors

Final_quest

• Premium Member

He's not technically hiding either. What he's doing is refusing be contacted so the Pacers can't say he knew about it and refused to do it or blew off the physical on purpose. Its like hiding in the office when you know your boss wants you to do something bad. If he can't actually find a way to contact you...how do you know what he wants?

• Premium Member

Btw I'm not defending it just presenting his logic behind it. Tinsley has work ethic issues on top of injury issues. He also is a bit of a prima donna who is a "high maintanence" player and Rick Carlisle/Larry Bird/Donny Walsh are not people who put up with that. Hence why they would love to ship him off to Atlanta.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He's not technically hiding either. What he's doing is refusing be contacted so the Pacers can't say he knew about it and refused to do it or blew off the physical on purpose. Its like hiding in the office when you know your boss wants you to do something bad. If he can't actually find a way to contact you...how do you know what he wants?

One would think that teams have lattitude to simply contact players' agents in that event... and in fact, isn't that how he would "know" about a deal in the first place?

confused.gif

• Premium Member

I imagine they told his agent who then told Tinsley. Tinsley then freaked out about coming to Atlanta (he and Ron Artest used to love taking shots at the fans in the media btw) and told his agent no way. His agent, being in fact his agent, told him he couldn't really refuse BUT if he didn't show up for the physical and "let it be known" he was unhappy it might scare the Hawks away from trading for him.

I don't doubt you were told this, but trading for Tinsley makes absolutely no sense for the Hawks..

Atlanta just invested 6 million a year in a point guard, I truely can't see them investing another 7 million a year for 5 years in a position that BK has little value for.

If we were going to take on any longterm contract, it wouldn't be for an often injured point guard with a questionable attitude..Troy Murphy would make more sense for the Hawks than Tinsley..

Sounds pretty comical but hey...our elected statesmen (congress) do the same type things now and again. I particularly liked the time when the state congressmen in Texas left the state so they couldn't be rounded up by lawmen and forced to vote on a particular bill they knew they'd lose on.

Tinsley's just hiding out like them LOL. Hope it works...doesn't sound like we need him here anyway.

• Admin

I don't buy it for a second. BK has gone out of his way to avoid long contacts for marginal players and Tinsley is as marginal as they come. That's not even factoring in his injuries. It just doesn't jive with the other rumors we've heard about deals that he walked away from for similar reasons.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't doubt you were told this, but trading for Tinsley makes absolutely no sense for the Hawks..

Atlanta just invested 6 million a year in a point guard, I truely can't see them investing another 7 million a year for 5 years in a position that BK has little value for.

If we were going to take on any longterm contract, it wouldn't be for an often injured point guard with a questionable attitude..Troy Murphy would make more sense for the Hawks than Tinsley..

I didn't understand the reasoning for getting Tinsley either but as of last Thursday Tinsley/1st rounder was in fact the deal in principle until Atlanta walked away from it at the last second. I don't know if BK thought having Tinsley was protection against Claxton who also is extremely injury prone or what but it was the deal.

Thankfully we walked away from it.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

If you guys saw my posts at realgm.com I have a friend that is friend with the Pacers training staff and has a small business he co-owns with one of the assistant trainers. He told me last week that the deal that was going to go down was Tinsley/2007 1st rounder for Harrington.

The problem?

Tinsley heard about it and he refused to come in for a physical. In point of fact he ducked out of town and is currently MIA to avoid taking the physical. It is his way of protesting a trade to Atlanta.

Atlanta then changed its mind about taking on Tinsley and as of yesterday the Pacers pulled their current players off the table, offering only the TE and picks/cash for Harrington.

I don't know what bothers me more: the fact Tinsley was almost a Hawk or he effectively pulled a Kenny Anderson and refused to BE a Hawk.

Doesn't anyone else find this really frustrating? BK gets bailed out because the player doesn't want to play here? He admittedly made offers to K-Mart (max) and Dampier, luckily they declined us. This is the same situation, BK's ignorance in creating a team actually helped us.

But hey, pairing up Claxton and Tinsley may have been a smart move, combined I bet they could get you 70-80 games.

We reportedly offered K-Mart but lowballed Dampier so I don't count Dampier as being an exactly of us getting bailed out.

Yeah I don't see how he would agree to take on Tinsley and his big contract/injuries at all unless we were moving Lue or something. There is just absolutely no reason to bring Tinsley in at all when we desperately need a C or another big. We better at least get the 1st rounder next year unprotected or i'm going to be really pissed off.

yeah we never extended an offer in Dampier. It became clear in negotiations that he wanted max and we wouldn't give him anything near that, and so we broke negotiations off.

KMart is the only big contract we offerred and were bailed out of by his refusal to sign.

Also, while I trust this guy to some extent, let's remember that Tinsley rumors are just that... unsubstantiated rumors. They could be completely false, or BK could be the one who was against it, let's not judge too much until we know

Well for all of us who have argued that the #1s to PHX won't matter that much because we'll be out of the lottery next year - I think we have to be honest and say the same thing about getting Indy's #1. It's obviously going to be a better draft, but we would have to get real lucky to get much more than A project that far down.

I agree with any sceanrio (within reason) that gets us a vet big for next year's campaign.