• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Interesting Info About past RMR MVP's

hotboyj

Marvin earning the honor of RMR MVP was something I was excited about, because an article in the AJC earlier in the year quoted Mike Woodson on saying he had big hopes for Marvin, and right now he was concentrating on helping Marvin become the best player in the Revue. Fast forward to last week, and Marvin is the best player in the Revue. I was just estatic to see that Woodson set a goal for Marvin and Marvin met it.

I just was wondering how past MVP's fared in the RMR, so i went as far as I could, all the way to 2003.

MVP: Lonny Baxter

All-Revue: D. Stevenson, Q. Woods, M. Lampe, Joe Johnson, J. Salmons

MVP: Jason Kapono

All-Revue: Devin Brown, L. Barbosa, C. Borchardt, L. Deng, N. Skita

MVP:Sean May

All-Revue: B. Johnsen, R. Felton, K. Humphries, M. Carroll, S. Stoudamire

MVP: Marvin Williams

All-Revue: R. Brewer, S. Smith, P. Millsap, L. Williams, A. Emmett

The trend here is that the MVP doesn't have a good regular season, two of the people on all-revue become good to great players, and everyone else is lucky to stay on a team's rotation.

I am not trying to say Marvin is doomed since Lonny Baxter never made it, and I know none of the other MVPs have near the talent or potental Marvin has, but I just thought it would be interesting to look at RMR history.

And for those wondering JJ's stats in the RMR were 20.7 ppg 5.0 rpg 5.0 apg 36% 3pters, 1.68 spg in 34.3 MPG. I know summer league stats mean nothing, but that right there is something.

thanks for the info jsf1.

Quote:

You could also say Marvin has the curse of the 2nd pick in the draft

2003- Darko Milicic

2002 Jay Williams

2001 Tyson Chandler

2000 Stromile Swift

1999 Steve Francis

1998 Mike Bibby

1997 Keith Van Horn

i WAS thinkin so positive about MW! but i just had to look at the draft history and you could add sam bowie('84), len bias('86), danny ferry('89) and shawn bradley('93). o well marv WILL beat the odds.

Marvin can only play against the guys that suit up, just like the Hawks can only play against those on the schedule. You beat the teams you play or they beat you, no excuses either way.

If he did it, he did it, if he didnt, he didnt. Dont look now at our success and say oh will, if so and so...when we were losers we took our lumps, now....savor the moments.

I would be a little dismayed at Marvin's stats if they weren't what we expect out of him. In other words - if he lead the leauge in steals, rebounds, or assists that would look flukish to me. Marvin did what we need him to do in terms of getting to line and making a high percentage of his open shots. That's what we need to translate to fall play.