• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

On Paper We Have A Serious Chance for the 8th Seed

BusBoyIsBack

Quote:

Just a question..How are we that much better than Charlotte?..What has made us suddenly better than Boston and the 76ers?..

I'm not saying we are better than those teams but you have to say they are not so much better than us that we can't realistically compete for a playoff spot with those 3 teams. Give me reasons why they are so much better than we are at this point? I think the 76ers are on the decline for sure and the Celtics really only have one go to guy in PP.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing is in asking why we are getting better compared to those teams, I suppose one answer is that we adressed our areas of need.

Boston did very little, Philly did nothing and is getting old, and Charlotte added a player that can only play the same position as their star. That's why I think we gain on all 3.

I think Orlando is the team that will improve the most though, and Toronto will have basically the same record as us

I disagree with Orlando. Unless Grant hill comes back healthy, their lineup is basically

Nelson

Reddick

Hedu

Howard

Battie

Who is the go to guy on that team? Can Reddick guard anyone? Has Howard developed an offensive game more complex than dunks and putbacks? Where is the "D"?

People put a lot of stock in their finish to the season, but I don't buy it.

• Moderators

Quote:

I disagree with Orlando. Unless Grant hill comes back healthy, their lineup is basically

Nelson

Reddick

Hedu

Howard

Battie

Who is the go to guy on that team? Can Reddick guard anyone? Has Howard developed an offensive game more complex than dunks and putbacks? Where is the "D"?

I think people expect Darko to get larger minutes over Battie next season.

Quote:

Nelson

Reddick

Hedu

Howard

Battie

I agree Johnny. Orlando will be right there as well I think since Darko did improve towards the end of the season. But I don't put a lot of stock in their wins closing out last season since they came against teams with nothing to win for.

Quote:

Hey JB, factor in that somebody might pick up the PG Barea (sp?)...weren't you the one saying he was going to be good?

He looked REAl good in the SL replay last night on nbatv.

This is how you know that there is a bias, as I was saying in my posts.

Second in the nation in assists while scoring 20 ppg...didn't get drafted.

He has the all time record in assists at Portsmouth...but he didn't get invited to Orlando.

He led Las Vegas SL in assists, didn't get a contract.

He kicked ass in Dallas avg 12 pts and about 7 assists but he won't get a camp invite from Dallas either.

I am telling you scouts look and him and say, "He's a short Puerto Rican, he won't work out in the pros."

I think you underestimate the impact of Dwight, who led the league in rebounding last year at the ripe age of 20, who will be continuing to improve. 16/12.5 average last year at 20.

Add to that Darko who will give them an inside-outside combo at the PF/C. They have a nice little PG in Nelson, a good shooter in Turkoglu.

They had a horrible mix with franchis there for half of the season, and still came within 4 games of the playoffs, winning 10 more games than us.

I think they should make the playoffs

Quote:

Quote:

Well you are not as bad as the moderator on Real gm being a Hawks-Mavs-Fan for life. That is just blatant.

I guess I'll change my name to Jordan23Nique21fan

That user ID bothers me. I hope he gets ripped on all the time.

I have never ever seen him get ripped on Real GM. It is amazing.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well you are not as bad as the moderator on Real gm being a Hawks-Mavs-Fan for life. That is just blatant.

The reason he doesn't get ripped on all the time is that he was a good poster in the Hawks forum before being added as another moderator.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The reason he doesn't get ripped on all the time is that he was a good poster in the Hawks forum before being added as another moderator.

I don't disagree that he is a good poster, it is just a ridiculous name for a moderator on the Hawks board. Do you think that Knicks fans would tolerate a moderator being named JordanfanNYC?

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't disagree that he is a good poster, it is just a ridiculous name for a moderator on the Hawks board. Do you think that Knicks fans would tolerate a moderator being named JordanfanNYC?

The Hawks board on RealGM doesn't have the same interest level as on the Squawk let alone the heavy traffic of the Knicks forum. I understand the point, but I am not too upset about it.