• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

On Paper We Have A Serious Chance for the 8th Seed

BusBoyIsBack

Quote:

I guess you think that only 5 players determine how good a basketball team is and that indiviual talent is more important than team chemistry. I bet is you compared the Lakers, Cleveland, Memphis, and even ths Suns to those bubble teams, you would have them not making the playoffs either.

Also I find it odd that you feel that Shelden Williams will start at power forward and marvin will be a bench player! Or that Josh Smith is a better Sm. forward than Marvin.

Can you read? I said ON PAPER. All I'm saying is that it's very intriguing that position by position we have more talent overall in our starting lineup than all these bubble teams except two. That is a sign we are moving in the right direction. And ON PAPER we do have a serious chance of being in the race for the 8th seed.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Orlando is going to be a force this season as well. So I would give them a playoff spot. They are so deep up front. Howard, Milicic, Hill(if he comes back, which I heard he will)Ariza(did they bring him back?), and I think I read Fran Vasquez will be coming for overseas this year. That's a young group(Aside from Hill), but they will get the job done.

Jameer Nelson will control the game for them, and JJ Reddick got very lucky he got drafted by the Magic because it's a nice situation for him. And I read this morning in SLAM that the Magic are interested in Bonzi Wells, who would also fit well there.

As for us, I'd love to get to the playoffs! But we will need to fight hard every night to do so, are we still too young to compete? Our younger guys have shown how special of players they will be but still havn't been a model of consistansy. I'm sure they will be, I like each one of our younger players' game but for right now I don't know if we are ready. If we can add a productive vet big man, than our playoff chances will skyrocket.

We wil see....

GO HAWKS!!!

The Hawks signed Speedy Claxton this offseason and lost AL Harrington. To neutral observers we didn't get better except for the natural growth that will occur by Marvin, Smoove, Z, and Chill. And there will be growth but I don't see playoffs next year. The East is tougher...the Bobcats matched us in wins last year and they were a patchwork team all year. They got healthy and better.

I think we need a better coach and we needed one more move, like a Foster and/or Harrison to get us close. It appears that our #1 pick is a bench player and we may lose the 2nd best FA on the market...for a lousy draft pick.

Barring another good move we aren't headed for the playoffs next season. We will be better...35-47.

Quote:

Quote:

Hawks vs Celtics

Speedy Claxton > Delonte West

Joe Johnson

Josh Smith > Wally Szczerbiak

Shelden Williams

Zaza Pachulia = Theo Ratliff

Hawks

Is that Diesel Math? Hawks have two greater than, the Celtics have two greater than, and there is one equal to. So how do the Celtics come out better using that? I noticed you had double and triple greater than signs, so obviously you see the greater than signs to have equal individual impact(with two greater than being more value that one greater than).

Lol at Diesel Math. Wow I guess you're right.

Well in that case, ON PAPER the 76ers are the only bubble team with a better starting lineup position by position. Wow we've come a long way.

And yeah I did use the double and triple signs to show that the other team may have a huge advantage at this position but we make up for that in other positions.