• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Please some explain something to me!

Peoriabird

Quote:

...We'd run a 2SF lineup first, which is essentially what we have been doing for the past 3 years.

Agree that's basically what we did last year - and we got killed in the paint while other teams ran layup drills on us. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is one of the definitions of ignorance.

Wanna win 32 or less? Then run Zaza out there with 2 SFs ever night.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

...We'd run a 2SF lineup first, which is essentially what we have been doing for the past 3 years.

Agree that's basically what we did last year - and we got killed in the paint while other teams ran layup drills on us. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is one of the definitions of ignorance.

Wanna win 32 or less? Then run Zaza out there with 2 SFs ever night.

I think of Josh Smith and Al Harrington as being different guys in terms of interior defense, though. Don't you?

Quote:

...I think of Josh Smith and Al Harrington as being different guys in terms of interior defense, though. Don't you?

Well basically we would be comparing: 3/Josh - 4/Al - 5/Zaza.....to 3/MW - 4/Josh - 5/Zaza.

It would probably be a small improvement defensively, but not enough to get us over the hump IMO.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

...I think of Josh Smith and Al Harrington as being different guys in terms of interior defense, though. Don't you?

Well basically we would be comparing: 3/Josh - 4/Al - 5/Zaza.....to 3/MW - 4/Josh - 5/Zaza.

It would probably be a small improvement defensively, but not enough to get us over the hump IMO.

We have a long, long way to go to get over the hump defensively but I like the Marvin, Josh, Zaza, Shelden rotation a lot more than Josh, Al, Zaza, Marvin as far as interior defense. I guess we'll wait and see. Even if MW and JS don't start together, they will get enough minutes on the floor together that we can evaluate their effectiveness.