• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is the best way to get Magloire????

BBallPrincess

We know that GS wants to add depth to the 1-3-5 positions.

We know that Indiana needs Al

We also know that GS wants Al

We know that the Mill want to get rid of Magloire with Bogut moving to the 5 and CV moving into the PF spot.

How does Atlanta make this work in their favor?

Does Belkin want Magloire?

• Premium Member

What does Milwaukee want?

Sf seems cinched up.

SG is definitely locked.

PG is fixed.

C is take care of.

PF is about the only position of need and they have Charlie V.

If they'd take Murphy.. I think we can work a deal.

• Premium Member

I don't like the smell of either of those deals.

Even if we got 2 unprotected picks from indy for Al.

Giving up Chillz for Magloire seems like a very bad deal. First off this is Magloire's free agent year. That means that we've giving up a good player for a player that probably won't resign with us.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Jamaal Magloire is still a member of the Bucks, but Harris said discussions were continuing about a possible trade involving the 6-11 center.

Magloire was the Bucks' starter at center last season, and rookie 7-footer Andrew Bogut started at power forward. But Bogut will move to his natural position of center this fall, and Charlie Villanueva is expected to start at power forward after being acquired in the deal that sent guard T.J. Ford to Toronto.

"There are still a number of teams we're talking to," Harris said. "We have contacted two or three teams more than once at this point.

"I don't know that there's a resolution, but there are certainly more conversations going on over the last week. Now players are getting signed, free agency is dwindling down and everybody is looking at their rosters.

"As I look at it, the 1 (point guard), 3 (small forward) and 5 (center) are the positions where we can add some depth. Hopefully we can accomplish that with Magloire, if we do trade him."

Quote:

What does Milwaukee want?

Sf seems cinched up.

SG is definitely locked.

PG is fixed.

C is take care of.

PF is about the only position of need and they have Charlie V.

If they'd take Murphy.. I think we can work a deal.

As those postions seemed to be locked in a starting capacity they still want to add depth to the 1-3-5 positions. Thats were a Chills, Ivey situation can come into play

• Premium Member

Well, last year, they had Charlie Bell, TJ Ford, and Mo Williams. All three played on close to the same level. They traded Ford so that they can trade Magloire.. that's given.. But I think that when you consider that they still have Williams and Bell there they have a good twosome. I think they also have Lynn Greer out of Temple. I don't think that they are hurting at the PG position.

Their major problem is Sf. They overpaid Bobby Simmons and now, he's all they got. That's why the Chillz rumors may have teeth... But I just don't know about giving up a good player for 1 year of another players service.

Quote:

no trading chill for a rental

chill is a VERY VALUABLE part of our future

1. I don't see at what capacity Chill is VERY VALUABLE to our future. He's going to have to fight for PT as it is.

2. Magloire has value apart from playing for us next season. If he plays well in his contract year, he could net us some draft picks or better players than Chill.

• Premium Member

Actually if we did get Magloire and he played well I would hope we would keep the guy. I just don't know if at this stage in his career if he'd be willing to resign with a team trying to make the playoffs or leave to be a starter on another playoff team.

FWIW I do not consider Chill part of the long term future of this team. His primary starting position is more than taken with JJ and he's not going to start at SF for us either. We'll have to trade him before his rookie deal is expired to get something back for him.

Well I wouldn't mind a 1-year rental on Magloire if we don't have to give up much.

We really need another big. One reason is to allow guys like Shelden and Este to play aggressively when they are in there. In order to protect the paint they will surely be picking up some fouls. That's OK if we have the depth to have enough left at the end of the game. Say Shelden can play aggressive and stop the layup drill for 20-25 minutes before he's in fould trouble or fouled out. We need more support inside for that not to be a huge problem.

Speaking of BIGS - watching the Dallas summer league team is fun. Shelden stands next to MBenga and I'm thinkin - wow - this Mbenga dude is 7'-270lbs...he's a monster! Then they bring in Podz who is like 7'5"-300lbs - hilarious! They have more floor level TV shots and closeups in the SL so you can see just how big these dudes are...

Keeping Magloire is not off the radar. BTW, I don't get this new phenomenon that every player is somehow beneath playing for a young team on the rise. We are talking about a player who barely made a couple all star teams. It's not as if he was Karl Malone or anything.

Isn't it also the case that he could really bring us a great player or picks in return? We are not talking about a one year rental without compensation.

• Moderators

Quote:

trading the 7.5 million exception that we will get from Indiana.

We can even throw in Ivey to give them a backup point guard and to even the salaries out.

We can't trade than exemption and certainly can't combine it with a player to make the salaries match.