• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who Will Emerge as the 2nd Option On Offense?

BusBoyIsBack

I agree that it might have to be a team effort. As far as those who say Marvin, I really don't see us putting that type of pressure on him this early. In fact, there is a great chance he won't even start. Actually, I'm almost positive he won't start.

THe starting lineup will probably be:

Speedy Claxton

Joe Johnson

Josh Smith

Shelden Williams

Zaza Pachulia

For those who don't think Josh Smith could emerge as one of those options, how about you look at his numbers in the last couple of months of the season. The man is learning how to put the ball in the hoop and as he improves that perimeter jumpshot he will become more and more unstoppable.

Many think it is crazy to suggest that Shelden "the Summer League bust" Williams could emerge as one of those options. I don't necessarily think so. We have 3 great passers on this team in Joe Johnson, Speedy Claxton, and the very underrated passer in Josh Smith. They could all get Shelden the basketball on the block where he excels. That's something you didn't see in the SL game. Shelden didn't get the ball in a place where his style of play could succeed. You don't give a banger a ball at the top of the circle or just inside the arc on the baseline.

"But he won't be strong enough." Really? So that's why he displayed elite strength at the predraft workouts? The man doesn't weigh 260 pounds in fat, the overwhelming majority is pure muscle. If Shelden displays that midrange jumper that he didn't have to show at Duke along with his ability to use his strength in the post and his famous up and under moves, he may not put up Brand-like numbers but I could definitely see him scoring in double figures given a decent amount of minutes.

Then there is Speedy Claxton. This roadrunner could beat Marvin Williams to making people finally shutting up about Chris Paul. With his ability to take just about any guard off the dribble, Speedy could easily be another double figures guy.

So yeah I agree, that it may be too early for it to be one guy who emerges as the 2nd option. Down the road more than likely it will be Smoove or Marvin. Or hell they both may emerge and we will just have that nasty trio like in NJ.

Quote:

Quote:

JJ = 23ppg | 4rpg | 4apg

JS = 16ppg | 8rpg | 4apg | 3bpg

MW = 14ppg | 7rpg | 2apg

SC = 10ppg | 2rpg | 6apg

JC = 10ppg | 5rpg

ZP = 8ppg | 9rpg

SS = 7ppg

SW = 6ppg | 6rpg | 1bpg

TL = 6ppg | 2apg

At least, that's what I figure...

I think that Salim averages double figures & so does Zaza

I think Speedy is going to score more than some people think. Not saying that's a great thing considering his shooting percentage.... But I think he'll average least 16PPG for a chunk of the year, but I see Marvin scoring more and SC leveling off to around 12PPG.

If we pretty much stand pat from where we are now, we won't have any real post-up game next year to speak of - so I would say the key to finding those 19 points will just be to figure out who is hot that night and get the ball to him.

All of our young guys have proven they can shoot from the outside when they're "on". Hopefully Speedy will also get us the occasional ally-oop and fast break basket.

I dont think it'll be one person, rather we'll see other players step up their game.

I can easily see Joe getting 5 more points a game with Al gone.

If Marvin, Smoove and Chillz can also get that many points more then we've got 20 points right there.

Speedy will just account for points we hadnt really been getting from that position.