• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Harrington trade...what's up with this

macdaddy

• Moderators

Did anyone post this yesterday. I must have missed it. Is everyone kissing Walsh's a$$

Quote:

it doesn't exactly rank with the scenario presented in Oliver Stone's JFK, but New Orleans appears to be at the center of yet another conspiracy theory. The Hornets' acquisition of Peja Stojakovic in a sign-and-trade last month with the Pacers has raised some suspicions around the league -- especially now that Al Harrington appears headed to Indiana. Stojakovic, a free agent, agreed to a five-year, $64 million deal with the Hornets on July 1. Twelve days later the deal suddenly turned into a sign-and-trade, with New Orleans sending a $7.5 million trade exception to Indiana. The Pacers now are ready to use that exception in a sign-and-trade with the Hawks to land coveted free-agent small forward Harrington. SI.com

Some around the league wonder if Hornets owner George Shinn ordered it as a favor to Indiana co-owner Herb Simon, a member of the league's past expansion/relocation committees? Shinn, after all, might seek to relocate his team in coming years if a planned return to New Orleans doesn't pan out. SI.com

"I think George did us a favor, but I don't know if he did it for any particular reason," Walsh said. "But I do know Herb has been very sensitive to George's plights [in the past]." SI.com

Armed with their new trade exception, the Pacers are set to acquire Harrington for cash and a future No. 1 draft pick, despite being over the salary cap. Without the trade exception, they would have had to include players to match up salaries. And Indiana appears to have won out on the Harrington sweepstakes even though the Warriors reportedly offered a package that included Troy Murphy and a draft pick, while the Bucks dangled Jamaal Magloire and his expiring contract. "Since when did the NBA become so buddy-buddy?," asked one Eastern Conference GM, noting that Hawks GM Billy Knight is also a former Walsh protégé. SI.com

I know we're all tired of rumor and speculation but if it is a done deal for cash and picks I can't see what the hold up is. I can't believe we'd take Tinsley but it makes sense that getting him in for the physical is delaying this deal. I still can't believe there isn't a better deal out there.

I don't see how the pacers can even trade Tinsley when he is their only PG other than that Sarunas bum. They just traded AJ to Dallas. It doesn't make any sense at all that Tinsley would be coming to the Hawks. The Pacers need him unless they have another deal in place to land a different starting PG and the Hawks don't need him at all either. I don't know what is going on.

• Premium Member

The Pacers almost dealt Tinsley to Atlanta last week so who knows what they are thinking at this point. I still believe they are waiting until Aug 10 when you can trade rookie contracts. There's no other reason for the deal to be held up like this.

Quote:

The Pacers almost dealt Tinsley to Atlanta last week so who knows what they are thinking at this point. I still believe they are waiting until Aug 10 when you can trade rookie contracts. There's no other reason for the deal to be held up like this.

I really think it is more than that.........

I actually don't think it has anything to do with rookie contracts either....unless something changes, but I could be wrong though