• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Both Roy, Foye, and SW are 4 year college players

Guest Walter

• Premium Member

Quote:

Duncan was a better pro prospect after his senior season than he would have been if he left for the NBA following his freshman year and played one year sitting on the bench in the pros.

I didn't say Duncan or any prospect on the bench. I said playing suitable minutes.

Marvin played either 19 or 23 mpg. That's good for a rookie who a team is "developing". If Duncan came out after his freshman year and played that many minutes... He would have been better than if he played those other 3 yrs.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Duncan was a better pro prospect after his senior season than he would have been if he left for the NBA following his freshman year and played one year sitting on the bench in the pros.

I didn't say Duncan or any prospect on the bench. I said playing suitable minutes.

Marvin played either 19 or 23 mpg. That's good for a rookie who a team is "developing". If Duncan came out after his freshman year and played that many minutes... He would have been better than if he played those other 3 yrs.

You and I will have to agree to disagree on this one.

You do admit, though, that if the development rate was close to equal that a guy who can go in the first round of the draft is going to go pro about every time, right? The fact that people go pro doesn't say much about the relative developmental rates.

Quote:

There's a definite difference in Judging Marvin and having expectations of Marvin.

From day 1, I have had expectations of Marvin.

From Day 1, I have said that in his career, if he is not better than Paul, Deron, and Smoove then he is a wasted pick for us...and in some instances a bust for us.

THAT's not a judgement. I'm not calling him a bust, I'm calling him a bust for us on the condition that we passed up these other talents to take him. At the time, these guys were more NEEDED than Marvin and if we draft on the condition of BPA... then at some point he has to prove that he was indeed the BPA.

I agree that Marvin was chosen because even though we had several forwards on this team, Marvin was a guy who had legit superstar potential.

But you also have to realize that no one expected Marvin to dominate from day one. Marvin Williams wasn't supposed to be heads and shoulders above his class his rookie year. The man barely played in college, it's like he came out of high school. The Marvin pick was supposed to pay dividends 3-4 years down the road when he became a seasoned vet.

Judging him off his first year is ridiculous. How many raw guys not named Lebron James come in and dominate fro day one? That shouldn't have been your expectations. Give the man 2-3 more years to prove himself.