• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If I had my druthers...

Diesel

• Premium Member

And you think Magloire won't ask for 6 years 70 million?? Before he bolts for Toronto..

Guess what KB... Money can't get on the court and play. Having flexibility is good when you're trying to acquire players but guess what, we're at the stage when we need most of our pieces in place and we're actually trying to win something.

After we get Dalembert, here's truth..

Chillz and Zaza both become expendable for the right trade.

We can get some more of those draft picks that you call "the lifeblood".. and it will serve the one purpose to be cheap BUs for our true core. Unless we can use any of those assets to get something better.

How do you figure?

If we foolishly traded for Dalembert, we still wouldn't have a defensive center, and we would be capped out for the next 5 years. That means we would have to go into the luxury tax threshold to give Josh, Josh, and Marvin the extensions they deserve...which means that Dalembert's contract would cost us one if not two of those players. There aren't too many owners that are as stupid as James Dolan in New York, and they aren't going to pay the luxury tax just to some some mediocre player that can't even start over Stephen Hunter.

If we get Magloire, we have a defensive center without wrecking our salary structure. If he doesn't produce the way we think he should, then he's gone at the end of the year and we can draft a guy like Roy Hibbert from Georgetown with the pick we are getting from Indiana.

• Premium Member

Better as an offensive player?

Come on... KB, don't tell me you have forgotten the importance of defense?

Here's the truth of the matter. Our team doesn't have a problem scoring. We can get points and I'm sure that having Speedy will help us do it more efficiently. Moreover, we don't really need points from the C position. What we need however, is to be able to play defense. So if it comes down to us having to resign Zaza or us having to find money for Marvin/Smoove (as you had previously stated) then Zaza becomes expendable.