• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The "Trade Exception"

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Then the hawks actually receive if the rumors are correct 3 million dollars and a future first round pick. No trade exception in this deal, this is only for Indiana to use to make the deal. So in essence we are trading Al for Indiana's first round pick next year, which will probably be in the 20's range.

What would be wrong with Jeff Foster and a first round pick?

This is coming down to trading Al for nothing as I thought would happen. We need vets not cash.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Jeff Foster only has a $5 million salary. They can't trade him for Al Harrington and meet the rules on trades. The only way they can move him is to move Jamaal Tinsley or Sarunas Jasekivicius with him.

So they could not trade Foster and cash to make the deal work? Right now is appears we are getting cash and a draft pick. Please explain.

Maybe, just maybe Foster is not on the table!! Did anyone consider that:

Quote:

BM (second hand): All the Hawks were offered other than the deal with Indiana was overpaid, underperforming players.

I'll bet that we probably like Foster, but Indiana also realizes they have a solid performer in a nice contract and are in no hurry to part with that.

Quote:

...I'll bet that we probably like Foster, but Indiana also realizes they have a solid performer in a nice contract and are in no hurry to part with that.

My guess is JO doesn't want anything to do with playing center if he can help it. A front line of Foster, JO, and AL will be pretty nice for Indy. JO can help cover for AL's defensive deficiencies and AL can take some of the scoring load off of the others.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Maybe, just maybe Foster is not on the table!! Did anyone consider that:

Quote:

BM (second hand): All the Hawks were offered other than the deal with Indiana was overpaid, underperforming players.

I'll bet that we probably like Foster, but Indiana also realizes they have a solid performer in a nice contract and are in no hurry to part with that.

then don't make the deal!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

...I'll bet that we probably like Foster, but Indiana also realizes they have a solid performer in a nice contract and are in no hurry to part with that.

My guess is JO doesn't want anything to do with playing center if he can help it. A front line of Foster, JO, and AL will be pretty nice for Indy. JO can help cover for AL's defensive deficiencies and AL can take some of the scoring load off of the others.

O'Neal has said several times he does not consider himself a center and does not like playing the position.

Guest Walter

Quote:

What would be wrong with Jeff Foster and a first round pick?

This is coming down to trading Al for nothing as I thought would happen. We need vets not cash.

I hope we don't trade for a player because then we have to give up something to get him. In otherwords, let's say we trade the 1st from Indy and Salim for Magliore. Then it boils down to Al/Salim for 1 year of Magliore. Not a good deal. If we sign a Fa with cap space and he's good enough and not too expensive, the deal's OK. Is Wilcox good enough or cheap enøugh? Don't know.

Anderson is "free". I say bring him over.

W