• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK and Bird and KB...

Diesel

• Premium Member

BK, Nique, Woody, and Bernie sitting in the office

Phone Rings.

Bird: BK, it's Birdman. I want to finish our deal for Al Harrington.

BK: You know my terms I want the unconditional first round pick, YOu to take John Edwards, and I want 3 Million dollars in return.

Bird: Damnit BK, you know that's too much. You expect me to pay 12 million dollars for Al!

BK: Baby is worth every penny!

Bird: Well, Damnit if he's worth every penny, why don't you sign him.

BK: Well, we have enough SFs.

Nique: That's right!! When I played, I was the only one. Look at our team now, we have about 20 bajillion Sfs.

Bird: Well, you're asking too much... 3 million dollars. How about 3 million dollars and the pick is protected to 18.

BK: Hell No. 3 million and the unprotected pick.

Bird: That's too much.

BK: It's not like we're asking for any of your players. You guys can make a playoff run.

Bird: That's the problem. I want to trade all these stiffs and all you want is cash. That's not the french lique way!

BK: The French Lick way... What the...

Bird: Yes, the French Lick way. where I'm from, if a man looks you in the eye and shakes your hand, that's all you need. Where I'm from people help people. And you're not trying to help me.

BK: What do you mean Larry, You're getting Al. He's a 19 ppg player plus he's a rugged defender compared to Troy Murphy.

Bird: My Living room sofa is a rugged defender compared to Troy Murphy. I don't think we can do this deal.

BK: Put Donnie on the Phone.

Bird: I will not.

Bird: I'm the president. I will not.

BK: If you don't put Donnie on the phone this minute, I'm going to call him myself.

Bird: Damn you...

Donnie: Hello.

BK: I thought we had a deal.

Donnie: Well, in principle we have a deal, Bird just wants to get something out of the deal.

BK: What do you mean, you're getting Al. He's a 19 ppg player and a rugged defender compared to Troy Murphy.

Donnie: My daughters box of tampons are rugged defenders compared to Troy Murphy.

BK: Well, you get a strong prospect in John Edwards.

Donnie: I told you last year that there was nothing to Edwards. You see him fighting with Bogut and you go off and give him 3 million dollars. It's embarrasing.

BK: Larry made it sound like the cash....

Donnie: Larry is simple. His first major contract was less than 3 million dollars. He feels like that's a lot of money to be tossing around.

BK: How much was the first year of his first Major contract.

Donnie: I think it was 2.96 million.

BK: OK, Put Larry Back on the phone.

Bird: What do you want... Do you want to talk to my mama too!

BK: Settle down. How about this.... Al, Edwards for 1st rounder 2007, unprotected, and 2.95 Million dollars.

Bird: Now you're talking. You're starting to see the French Lick way!

Bk: Do we have a deal.

Bird: Well, i can't look you in the eye and shake your hand, but give me a few hours and we'll get this done.

BK Hangs up.

Nique: What are you going to do about that extra money that you gave up.

BK: I guess that means that we have to cut back on Dinners at checkers and lunch at the woodfire grill.. and the superbowl party is going to be dutch!

Phone Rings.

Bernie: Hello. I see. OK...

Bernie hangs up.

BK: Who was that?

Bernie: That's your little buddy from the messageboard.

BK: You don't mean KB!

Bernie: Yeah, he says that he's still your #1 fan.

BK: How do I get rid of this guy. He's freakin everywhere. He's calling my office. Calling my cell. Sending letters to my email. Sending pictures to my fax...

Woody: Billy's got a stalker.. Billy's got a stalker.

BK: That's not funny! Look at this guy.. He says he's a doctor.

[image]http://student.urmc.rochester.edu/imageView.asp?imageID=1802[/image]

Nique: I would be scared too.

Woody: What does he want??

Bernie: Well, he said that you shouldn't tie up money in a stiff like Dalembert.

Woody: Did you tell him what you were planning to do?

BK: No, that would be Bernie. He goes on 690 and spreads gossip and think that these messageboard guys won't spend all day trying to figure out what we will do. This is exactly why I don't talk to the media. I don't care what they think... I'm smarter than them. I know more so I'm smarter. They are just idiots talking. It's embarrassing to think that they believe that can know as much as I know.

Quote:

I've been on this board a long time.

There are many things I know about people.

We should pool our knowledge.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Bird: I will not.

Bird: I'm the president. I will not.

BK: If you don't put Donnie on the phone this minute, I'm going to call him myself.

Bird: Damn you...

• Premium Member

I didn't like the old ESPN boards. You couldn't read every post in the thread at the same time. And there was always some non-knowledgable jokers there... (not neccessarily Hawks fans) but guys that would come up with stuff like what do you like, Manual or Automatic.... WTF. sm-LOL.gif

Seriously, I remember starting off at the old AA site..

I remember Sturt, both Mikes, Keith, Charles, both Jasons, and all the rest of the crew.

If you wanted to see some Angry Hawks fans... You should have been there the day we traded Smitty. Well, Everybody but Walter. Or maybe that was on Hawksquawk.