• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Portland's trade for Mags doesn't make sense...

hotboyj

unlesss it was to set up a future trade.

FoxSports.com writes,

"According to the Racine Journal-Times, the Bucks have verbally agreed to trade Jamaal Magloire to the Blazers for Steve Blake, Brian Skinner and Ha Seung-Jin. We still don’t see how this trade makes sense for Portland, which already has Joel Przybilla and LaMarcus Aldridge at the five and doesn’t really need Magloire. But here’s something interesting to consider: the Oregonian cites one NBA general manager as saying it would be “impossible” for the Blazers to trade Darius Miles without including Aldridge or Brandon Roy in the deal. Could Portland be going after Magloire because they plan to trade Aldridge sometime down the line? …"

We have Pachulia another young big, Lue a vet pg, and hopfully Indy's first in 2007 we could trade for Aldridge and D-Miles. I'd offer the better of the two picks we could have in 2007. (If we got the #1 pick Portland would get it and we'd keep Indy's pick). I'd even throw in Chillz if it was the deciding factor. Just wishful thinking.

In other news from CBS.com

--While other players choose to work out in exotic locales with high-dollar trainers, third-year Hawks forward Josh Smith prefers the solitude of the team's practice facility. He was spotted there last week looking much darker (courtesy of daily workouts at a local pool) and much thicker than he was when the season ended (he's up to nearly 235 pounds from about 225 last year). Look for a breakout season from Smith, who is also eligible for a contract extension but would be wise to play the year out to increase his value.

With Mavin seeming to be suited so perfectly for the small forward position, it is good to hear Smoove putting on more weight. If Smoove can develop an inside game playoffs are possible.

Well just some news, something to get away from Harrington mania.

Why would you want Darius Miles? He is a cancer in the locker room and he is over paid. He can't shoot, doesn't play defense, and behold he plays the forward spot. As of today he isn't better than Smoove, Chillz, or Marvin. His attitude alone makes him undesirable.

I agree. The problem is, who are they going to trade those two for? I used to think NY, but it looks like Zeke isn't going crazy anymore. Denver would like to be rid of K-Mart, but thats just trading one problem for another. I don't see many teams willing to take those contracts on.

• Premium Member

Like somebody suggested, Maybe they make a big bid to resign Mags. IF they do, the deal might be Miles/Aldrich somewhere..

But I expect that they will try to use Mags as tradebait at the deadline.

I'm not sure it matters what they get for them. If they get the last of the "Jailblazers" of town, the fans will start to come back to a team built on Webster, Roy, and Aldridge. They will be patient out there if the players don't step on their @#$ again. It's a real different situation.

I think the fans are more worried about losing the Blazers than the number of wins. (Latest rumors - Sonics to OKC, Blazers to Seattle, ... suck big time for Portland.)