• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best Young defensive player.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Anyone who actually watched Paul play last season would have as good of a laugh as putting him on that list that I did. Paul is a horrible defensive player. If it was not for Steve Nash I would list Paul squarely as the worst defensive point guard in the entire NBA.

I watched NOK a few games last year. Paul was a great floor general who was quick enough to hedge on his own man a lot and assist on quick double teams when needed. He was always a threat to steal the ball. He also rebounds very well for his size. As a one-on-one defender he may not be all that special - but he can be an important part of a very good defense. I'd put him middle of the pack for this list.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I watched NOK a few games last year. Paul was a great floor general who was quick enough to hedge on his own man a lot and assist on quick double teams when needed. He was always a threat to steal the ball. He also rebounds very well for his size. As a one-on-one defender he may not be all that special - but he can be an important part of a very good defense. I'd put him middle of the pack for this list.

I watched over twenty games of theirs last season simply to see what Paul was doing. He routinely gave up easy baskets, easy looks and was pushed easily out of the paint or the low post by every point guard he was defending. His only saving grace was jumping into a passing lane and trying to get a steal (and more likely than not flubbing it and leaving yet another wide open jump shot since he was out of position) just like Iverson.

Each game I watched him I couldn't help but think that as bad as we were last season on defense just how much worse we would be for years with that black hole on defense that would need help every possession to try and contain his man.

Well actually, looking back at the list, i thought there were more on it. He probably doesn't deserve 3rd on that short list.

But which 20 games did you watch? I watched about 10 and was very impressed by his overall floor generalship and the way he used his quicknes. He also could get up for rebounds and help with strips and steals.

Nobody flat stops other quick PGs anymore due to the hand-check rule.

You a Dookie or UNC guy?

• Premium Member

According to the fans, Duke/UNC is the biggest rivalry in Sports History...

Should make the Mich/OSU fans and the Aub/Ala fans mad.

Not to mention Yankees/Red Socks, Tex/Tex A&M, USC/Notre Dame, Indy/Perdue, SC/Clem, and FSU/Miami..

Here's a question... Does anybody get up in arms about Ga Tech/UGA?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Well actually, looking back at the list, i thought there were more on it. He probably doesn't deserve 3rd on that short list.

But which 20 games did you watch? I watched about 10 and was very impressed by his overall floor generalship and the way he used his quicknes. He also could get up for rebounds and help with strips and steals.

Nobody flat stops other quick PGs anymore due to the hand-check rule.

You a Dookie or UNC guy?

In college I root for UGA/GT equally. I'm not a fan of either Duke or UNC. I've had several relatives attend Duke but I do not consider myself a Duke fan at all. Why do you ask?