• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Indy fans just don't know...

Diesel

• Premium Member

That's just it.

It's a bad assumption that we don't want to take contracts back.

We don't want to take back bad contracts or the contracts of players that don't help us.

I would much rather resign Al than to trade him for Murphy.

Al and his agent narrowed it down to GS and Indy. So this is what we have to work with and out of those teams, this is where we will find a deal.

Al brings in Tellum.

There are 2 benefits to Tellum.

1. He has great power amoung owners because more than 70% of the NBA is signed with Tellum.

2. Getting Tellum gives Al an excuse to go back on his words that we like Indy and GS. Tellum has already opened up the table. Al was stupid for suggesting that there were only 2 teams that he was interested in. That limited the scope in which BK could deal and it also gave Indy more power than they should have had.

Now with Tellum here, he put the power that Indy HAD back into Al's hands. Indy wasn't playing BK. They were playing Al. When they said 4 million and a midround pick is too much... They were not talking about Atlanta... They were talking about FOR AL. So what Tellum will do is make Walsh remember that Al was taking a paycut just to come and play for INDY.. Therefore Indy should have kissed ass and hugged nuts to get him.

• Premium Member

No doubt, I like Jermaine A lot too.

He's not worth the money, but I like him.

I also know that Bird is very practical and works based on common sense.

You ask what team can afford JO? You might want to ask, what will Bird accept for JO?

Let's play the what would Bird accept game

For instance, would he accept Emeka Okafor and a first round pick?

Do you think that Charlotte is holding on to all that Capspace for no reason?

Would he accept Frye/Franchise for JO/Tinsley?

Don't think that Isiah is not going to go Balls to the wall for JO? He's probably talking to JO right now telling him how good they could be if he signed on.

Would he accept RJ/filler/picks?

Kidd/Vince/JO... that's a championship.

There are some western deals too.

Quote:

2. Getting Tellum gives Al an excuse to go back on his words that we like Indy and GS. Tellum has already opened up the table. Al was stupid for suggesting that there were only 2 teams that he was interested in. That limited the scope in which BK could deal and it also gave Indy more power than they should have had.

Now with Tellum here, he put the power that Indy HAD back into Al's hands. Indy wasn't playing BK. They were playing Al. When they said 4 million and a midround pick is too much... They were not talking about Atlanta... They were talking about FOR AL. So what Tellum will do is make Walsh remember that Al was taking a paycut just to come and play for INDY.. Therefore Indy should have kissed ass and hugged nuts to get him.

Ok since I have read just about every article on this the last month, I can tell you Harrington intially did not say GS and Indy where the two places he preferred. He actually indicated those where the two teams that showed the most interest, and in turn later on when asked said GS and Indy really either one he would not mind going to , as they are the ones showing the most serious interest.

Again Indy in now way is "playing" Al. When you leave a team on your own will, and then ask to come back, which he alluded to last year, the situation is very clear. As you said if Atl did not our players, like the rumored Tinsley backing out of the physical when he heard was being traded etc..

Then the only other option was Indy to offer to trade for Picks and perhaps Cash and sign for the 7.5 space in which was the TE, had the TE been 8.5 then that is what the contract would have been. Harrington is concerned about winning and also getting a fair deal, it's laughable to think he is losing sleep over if we are giving 2 million or 4 million to the Hawks Ownership to put in their pockets.

Sure he wants to feel wanted and Indiana to do what they can to obtain him, but until I hear specifically what really is offered, I am going to continue to assume going on past track records, a fair deal considering the restraints of not trading players , was offered.

Squabbling over if Atlanta is getting 2 million or 4 million in cash is petty for both sides if that is the case I will agree.

Bottom Line is it's the Player who agrees and signs off on the actual contract numbers.

I have a feeling that Harrington was no elated but accepted the contract amount, but where it stalled was when Atl began to discuss what they were going to get back in return. As long as Harrington receives a fear deal, he is not going to worry the small details of compensation to the team that is trading him away.

I do believe any good agent though will call other teams to guage interest and perhaps speed this process up or seek something else if he has to.