• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Joe Johnson on ESPN

jezmund

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing regarding #4. I'm a huge GT homer but I think Dwight Howard is a man amongst boys. If only Orlando would have accepted that #6/#17 for #1 deal. Eh....

I know people here will think I'm crazy, but I think Howard can be more dominant than Shaq was when he reaches his prime...

anybody notice what a waste JJ was for 80% of the game on offense? he would just hang around on the outside looking for the pass and then shoot down low to see if he could get a board after someone else shot. when he did get the ball he always either found an open man or created something.

JJ has to have the ball in his hands at all times this year in the half court set. i hope Speedy helps us defensively on the smaller players and helps take some fatigue off Joe by bringing the ball up. other than that Joe is the offensive playmaker on this team without a doubt. it took me seeing Joe play with other star caliber players to realize just how solid he really is. everything goes through Joe in 2006.

Um....no what are you talking about a waste? I remember one play in particular where Paul penetrated and dished out to JJ for a nice 3pointer on one occasion. JJ didn't look any different than any other player at SG last night. When he got the ball and was one on one he either did that incredible shake and bake move for the reverse layup and 1 or just penetrated to about 15ft and pulled up for a jumper. That is what I saw and that is what Speedy will do for the Hawks. JJ will find all kinds of ways to score this year.

who said JJ wasn't productive? read into the suggestive comments son. perhaps 9th grade English will help you out when you go back to school in a week or so. we can only hope for the best. shocked.gif

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

He shouldn't be the starting PG. The team should be.

Hinrich

Joe Johnson

Lebron

Bowen

Howard

Replace Bowen with Brand and Hinrich with Arenas and that should be team USA. Arenas and JJ can both shoot the 3 when facing the zone and they both know how to play D and steal the ball to go the other way. In the front court you have two monsters around the basket on both sides of the ball in Howard and Brand. Oh and there is that Lebron James character.

That team would win gold.

Unfortunately we'll probably keep playing the starting team we had out there last time because Coach K will be pressured to play the superstars.

What you all have to understand is that neither of the starting 5 will be set and he will use different line ups. Coach K is in no way is pressured to play the stars. He will play whats best for the team. If you all where watching, as I was there, Carmelo only played in the 1st 2nd Q (and his ex syracuse coach is the assistant coach), and didn't play until the last quarter. And from Coach K's mouth he said that Carmelo was the hardest worker there at the training.

None of these guys have ego's, and where actualy very nervous for for the srimmage game as well as the exibition game. All these guys are willing to work together to get the job done. They have great chemisty on the court and off. Everyone knows what their roles are, they looked out for each other, gave each other advice, and owned up to their mistakes when they didn't do something they were not supposed to do, or if they were not in the place they were supposed to be.

Quote:

yea, I would drop Jenna Jamison, Bosh and Carmelo.

I though I would never have to say this to a man, but dude you obviously don't know that much about basketball, unless that statement you made up above is just to get some action going, but dude...C'mon!!!

Jamison is one of the best in the line up. Jamison rebounded well, he shoots the international 3 well, plays great off the ball, and he hustles.

I actually never knew how good Bosh was until I hade a chance to see him play with my own eyes. Bosh is everywhere. In no way does Bosh have the NBA type body that most of these guys have (he's tall, lanky, skinny) but this kid plays like he does. Bosh does multiple things on the court...He's gonna out hustle you for the rebound, he's going to unexpectantly still the ball from you, he's gonna get in your face (both on D, and on O) and he's gonna get the duece.

Carmelo...I don't even have to explain. If you saw the games then you already know that I'm going to say......

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I though I would never have to say this to a man, but dude you obviously don't know that much about basketball, unless that statement you made up above is just to get some action going, but dude...C'mon!!!

Jamison is one of the best in the line up. Jamison rebounded well, he shoots the international 3 well, plays great off the ball, and he hustles.

I actually never knew how good Bosh was until I hade a chance to see him play with my own eyes. Bosh is everywhere. In no way does Bosh have the NBA type body that most of these guys have (he's tall, lanky, skinny) but this kid plays like he does. Bosh does multiple things on the court...He's gonna out hustle you for the rebound, he's going to unexpectantly still the ball from you, he's gonna get in your face (both on D, and on O) and he's gonna get the duece.

Carmelo...I don't even have to explain. If you saw the games then you already know that I'm going to say......

Who would you cut, Princess?

Who would you cut, Princess?

From what I saw, I would cut Bowen, and Miller. The guys are playing serious defense, as that's what they've been working on the last 3 weeks. They have not even touched the offensive side of the game yet. If you noticed, they were playing d up high towards the perimeter. What we are going to have to watch out for is the quickness of the opposing teams guards getting into the lane and to the basket. blowing past our big guys on the floor. 1 reason why Coach K likes Howard because he's big, but he's also quick, he can move.

From what I say, and heard, I just don't see any one else getting cut outta these giys...Arenas, Bowen, Hinrich, or Miller. Shane is a keeper because he does so much, but you are not going to see his performace in stats. He's not there to be a shooter. He's a great off the ball player and thats what is needed from him....

Quote:

Quote:

I can bet that i know more than you!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I can bet that i know more than you!

ok