Entire Recap of the Bernie Mullins Recap

Rexhawk

I heard the entire interview and here are the key points.

1. We have signed a big. The paperwork is complete but can not be announced until Al's S&T trade is complete. Has something to do with needing a portion of Al's Salary. Bernie stated that the signing happens even if Al walks away from the team as a free agent.

2. The new Big has been a long time starter in the league but is willing to play backup. Bernie believed along with the hosts that the new big could end up starting.

3. Regarding the S&T, we will only get a "good" player back worth 10 million a year salary or 10 million in cash. Basically, AL is set on making 10million plus a year. Bernie stated that we would not take any "junk" players in a S&T for Al. He specifically mention the Golden State situation.

4. He listed his version of the starting line up in this order:

PG-Speedy Claxton, Tyrone Lue, Royal Ivey

SG- Joe Johnson, Josh Childress, Salim Stoudamire

SF- Josh Smith or Marvin Williams ( He stated that they would have to battle it out in camp)

PF- Sheldon Williams, Estaban (Stated that Sheldon would start because Al gave up too many points in the paint last year)

C- Zaza or Mystery Big.

It appears that the Mystery Big must be Lorenzen Wright. He is the only free agent center that is left on the market.

5. Bernie also stated that he felt that Arm Tellem would be creative in setting up a S&T.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting Shelden just to start him is a mistake...funny he thinks Smoove/Marvin will have to battle it out, but Shelden will be given a starting spot.

I think intitially Smoove would be just as effective if not more at the 4 than Shelden.

Long time starter in the league, I think it is Kandi.

Quote:

i'm feeling dissappointed to say the least. wright/zaza at the 5= no shotblocker or stopper. shelden starting????? no big comin to us in the al deal? we gonna need to score 120+ ppg to win.

how, when we gave up 97ppg last year, will we need to score a ton to win?

we have lost al = better defense

we have added speedy = better defense

we have added shelden = better defense

• Moderators

He continues to emphasize a defensive big. Who on that list qualifies. I didn't even realize Ostertag was a FA but he started and would be considered defensive. Seems unlikely though.

I would think Woody wouldn't be happy hearing mgt hand Sheldon a starting spot.