• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Entire Recap of the Bernie Mullins Recap

Rexhawk

No question he is a backup, just saying that signing him does not appear to help the Hawks in anyway.

I rather play Sheldon out of position at center or even give minutes to a young guy like Soloman or Esteban to see how they do. Kandi is a waste of roster space.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not goona put to much stock in Mullins's lineup.

But It seems silly to me to think that Sheldon will be givin a starting job, while Josh and Marv have to "battle it out"

Why doesn't Sheldon have to earn his playing time?

I'm not suprised though, because Salim didn't really have to

earn playing time over Delk.They already had thier mind made up.

Bernie is an idiot, well we can look forward to either Marvin or Smoove leaving. Because both of them will want to start and I like Sheldon but he has'nt proven anything. And if he continues to play like he did in Summer League he needs to be riding the bench not starting just because he was the number 5 pick. And another thing I know AL gave up a lot of points but Za-Za did also to place all the blame on him is just insane is not one person's fault. I mean it was'nt AL's fault that Lue and Ivey who should'nt be starting on any team dont know what playing defense means. Come on now.

Quote:

I've been trying to tell you guys Olowokandi was coming...

He didn't start at all last year for Boston. He also usually gets demoted to the bench for at least 10 games a season except he had one stretch with the Clips where he started all the time.

Definitely, the big is Lo Wright if he said they are/were a starter. He loves the city and is a BK type player.

If we have owners making decisions about who will start . . . . wonder if ALL of them agreed????, we are screwed. Seems to me that it will come down to matchups as to who starts.

Re Candy or Lo, I gotta go with Lo becasue of heart. Candi has had a problem with motivation. He may have the tallent, but the rest is a big question mark.

Quote:

He didn't start at all last year for Boston. He also usually gets demoted to the bench for at least 10 games a season except he had one stretch with the Clips where he started all the time.

Definitely, the big is Lo Wright if he said they are/were a starter. He loves the city and is a BK type player.

In his NBA career, Kandi has started 393 of 476 games (83%), Lo is 413 of 676 (61%). So no. It could be Lo, but your argument holds no weight

If we need part of the $10mill of Al that counts against our caps at this point then this big man will sign for all the money that is still left + a little bit of Al's $10 mil.

How much is that?

Who deserves that kind of money?

Lo and Timberwolves are talking about $1.7mil per year. If there is a verbal agreement would he talk to more suitors?

We are at $39.5 mils + SW's salary + Al's $10mil that counts on our caps. How much are we under the cap after that at this point?

Quote:

In his NBA career, Kandi has started 393 of 476 games (83%), Lo is 413 of 676 (61%). So no. It could be Lo, but your argument holds no weight

The past 3 years-

Lo 181 starts out of 223 games = 81%

Kandi 83 starts out of 153 games = 54%

Holds no weight? Bullsh*t.

• Premium Member

If they are already giving the starting job to Shellhead after the piss poor perforamce he had in the SL then someone needs to be fired. We need to start Smith at PF and Marvin at SF for a season to see what exactly we have in those two. Having them split 48 minutes betweeen them at SF does zero to advance their progression and only duplicates the position needlessly.

If the "mystery" big man is either Kandi or Wright then I'm not going to give any real credence to Bernie Mullins in the future. There's a huge step between "He's no Shaq!" and "Fans will say he is good!" and those two guys. Kandi is a career underachiever, an absolute bust as a #1 pick in the draft. Wright is a career backup. Yes, both are better than Edwards. Who cares? If our own organization is settling on these retread 30+ year olds as "almost as good as Shaq!" basically then where the hell are we going?

I totally agree Sothron! This is starting to piss me off now. I was hoping it was going to be through a trade with another team like Mullin said originally on 680 so I wasn't thinking one of those bums like Kandi or Wright. Give me a break Kandiman? This guy is a cancer to a team period! Wright is okay I guess but also a huge bust!!!

If they start Sheldon the first game of the season at PF i'm going to throw up! How can you do that? He has proved nothing but being slow and a stiff in the SL so far. We have to start Marvin at the 3 and Josh Smith at the 4 period! You can't put two potential Superstars on a rotation of the SF postion. You can make one of them play PF. Smith can handle the 4. the guy is a freak athletically. I think Sheldon has to come off the bench or start over Zaza at Center. No way he starts over Josh or Marvin.

Bernie probably said that because he thinks Sheldon will earn his spot at the 4 from what he's seen of him. you guys trip me out how you pick your favorites over the good of the team.

it will work out either way. it will be a 3 man rotation with Sheldon hopefully getting about 12 minutes a game at the 5.

that leaves 80 minutes at the forward spots assuming Sheldon plays 16 at PF. that's 32 mpg left for Smoove and Marvin with 16 left over for Chillz, etc. Chillz will get some run at SG also.

Quote:

Bernie probably said that because he thinks Sheldon will earn his spot at the 4 from what he's seen of him. you guys trip me out how you pick your favorites over the good of the team.

it will work out either way. it will be a 3 man rotation with Sheldon hopefully getting about 12 minutes a game at the 5.

that leaves 80 minutes at the forward spots assuming Sheldon plays 16 at PF. that's 32 mpg left for Smoove and Marvin with 16 left over for Chillz, etc. Chillz will get some run at SG also.

I guess your retarded because were not picking our favorites here dude to be starters at SF and PF. Were picking Marvin and SMoove for the good of the team. I like Sheldon but he is no where near ready to come in and start right away. So what are you talking about again? Your saying its best for the team that Sheldon starts at PF? your the one picking favorites it looks like. hahahahaha

Quote:

I read somewhere that Kandi has had bad dental problems with alot of pain and infection the last 2 years and his poor play was partly because of painkillers and pain in general..He is supposed to be fine now..

What is your source on that. Never heard it. But then it is likely one of those things where we get our hopes up only to be dashed one more time.

Isn' he from one of the islands, like Daly. It is my expeience that their lifestyle, approach to working hard is different . . . .. and not in a good way.

Guest Walter

Quote:

SF- Josh Smith or Marvin Williams ( He stated that they would have to battle it out in camp)

People now can get mad at ownership for stating the obvious. Both MW and JS are Sfs, and while one or both may play minor minutes at the Pf position, neither are Pfs or project as Pfs. Playing them there for extended minutes so diminishes their potential we will not do that under even the current circumstances.

We MUST trade preferably the most redundant, most valuable young asset in MW or risk losing both he or JS AND Childress when contract renewals come up. We are benching 2 of our 4 top picks! They will not resign! And while bench, role players are important, they do not reqire #6 and #2 picks to play there. While they do (and positionally they must) we will remain a lost, frankenstein team, a laughingstock perhaps, and will never reach whatever potential we have.

So now, a day after Nick27 called me out for "my" offseason that accomplished far more yet as part of it commited other Pfs, both better than SW, besides JS, OWNERSHIP STARTS SW! Nicholas27, what exactly was your reason for jumping on my arse, again? It changed many times but it eventually settled to you wanted to acquire less talent so JS and MW could both start and SW accomplished that over getting Bargnani (with Chill and #5)or Odom (with Al, Lue, and Chill in another scenario). While the desire to acquire LESS TALENT to prop up your wish for a Sf tandem is team defeating, it appears to not even be the owner's option with SW. Thus, we get the worst of both worlds, benching MW or JS and LESS TALENT. Brilliant!

W