• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I like the Lorenzen Wright signing

CBAreject

Quote:

Defensively, Lorenzen held his opposition to a 14.6 PER this past season at the center position, which is very good. Lo isn't a shot blocker, but he can defend and scrap for rebounds. IMO, that's what the Hawks needed. I think there were two obvious choices for the Hawks in their attempt to find a back up center for Zaza, and those choices were Lorenzen Wright and Kelvin Cato. Cato is a little bigger and is more of a shot blocker, but he's not quite the rebounder.

AHAHAHAHAHA. God KB is a hypocritical [censored].

Quote:

The only guy I can think of is Chris Mihm. Whether many want to believe it or not, he's put together back to back seasons where he was at least an average center in the NBA. He's posted a 15+ PER and 16+ USG in each of the past two seasons. Overall, he's put up right around 16 points and 10 rebounds per forty minutes over the past two years. His true shooting percentage of 55.2% is very good. He's also relatively cheap for the production he has given during this time.

I don't know. He could be a trade target in which we just deal some cash and a 2nd round pick to get him. I don't know how much the Los Angeles Lakers value him. He's the only starting quality center on their roster. In fact, I think Chris Mihm and Brian Cook are probably the two most underrated players on their team.

Here is the link

So when BK makes a signing, 14.6 PER against is very good. But when you start talking about Chris Mihm, 15 PER is also good???

I don't see the inconsistency here. He said "Chris Mihm was at least an average center". That's what a 15 PER is...average. Average in the NBA is good. An average center is a precious commodity. Teams pay big bucks for below average centers every off-season. Lo holds his opposition to below average PER. That is very good, especially when you consider what we have. To get him for 3 mil per year is very good value. He's not an above average center, but he's very good value for what we pay when the Foyle's of the world get absurd cash.

Quote:

That's what a 15 PER is...average.

Oh, I forgot that .4 PER is a great difference. Next time I will remember that.

Quote:

He's not an above average center, but he's very good value

That makes sense, but KB didn't say anything about value. He said holding your opponent to 14.6 PER is very good. That is decent, or in other words, average.

Plus, chances are his OPP PER was because Memphis was the best defensive team in the league (Pau and Jones were the main reasons). Just a guess though.

Lascar, I was using AL as an example of how we could get another big without stooping so low as to get Lazy Lorenzo. It was pertinent to the thread. I would appeciate it if you would stop analyzing my every post, making sure that it meets your biased and warped view of how it fits in the thread.

Just because you spend 75% of every productive day giving your worthless opinions on a message board...well, that doesn't mean you own much real estate here. My suggestion to you is to stop following my posts with sarcastic comments. Your opinions are hardly more enlightened than anyone else. I don't have the time, like you do, to analyze every post so I don't follow your trash with crap comments. Why don't you take a week off...there are other things to do with your life. Maybe you can learn to post your opinions without worrying about the context of what other people are doing all the time. In other words...stop being such an azz...ho...le.

Quote:

Did it ever occur to you that maybe we could have used Al to get a real basketbal player? Lo sucks. Why we bring this guy back is living proof that the powers that be are really poor decision makers. These new additions are all disappointing in their own way. We won't win with any of these clowns around.

Did it ever occur to you that we are still trying to do that, but Al's value just isn't as high as some homers thought it would be? That other teams realize he is not efficient and is a poor defender? So bad that even Bernie mentions it on the radio NOW before he's even been traded; he knows he's not losing leverage because EVERYONE knows he's a defensive liability

Al just isn't worth that much to teams, even tho he is the 2nd best FA this summer

Did it ever occur to you that we are still trying to do that, but Al's value just isn't as high as some homers thought it would be? That other teams realize he is not efficient and is a poor defender? So bad that even Bernie mentions it on the radio NOW before he's even been traded; he knows he's not losing leverage because EVERYONE knows he's a defensive liability

Al just isn't worth that much to teams, even tho he is the 2nd best FA this summer

You don't know how right you are!

Guest Walter

Quote:

that we would pick up Andersen.

Since that's by the boards apparently, I contend more than ever that the Harrington deal needs to yield more than a draft pick and some cash.

Sure, he signed a deal overseas, but we're in contact with him I hope. We know what's going on with him right. Why not offer a deal that brings him over? He's free money to us. Why not?

W

Quote:

Sure, he signed a deal overseas, but we're in contact with him I hope. We know what's going on with him right. Why not offer a deal that brings him over? He's free money to us. Why not?

W

My contention, I'll explain more clearly this time, is that he isn't that good. People want to make this about money, and that's only part of the story. If Andersen made less money would he be on our team? Maybe.

The fact is if he was as good as some fans hope he is, we would have worked it out to get him here. He is perhaps not good enough to be more than a 3rd center on an NBA roster, and therefore not worth the few million to bring him over. If there was a chance he could be more like Zaza and less like Chris Antsey he would be in a Hawk's uniform.

The guy from Australia said himself Andersen is not that good. He is somehow an MVP that averages 20 minutes a game 9 points and 5 rebounds. I have very little hope that he will ever come to the NBA and money is not the primary reason why, it's lack of talent.