• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2006 nba free agent center list

TheDude

Quote:

Your thing is that you don't understand that Pryzbilla IS NOT an impact player.

I agree. I think the whole board overestimates this guy because we let him go the first time. Yes, he would have been a little better for us than Wright, but not by miles.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

My thing witrh most on this board is, most assume they know who & what BK offered, and in the same breath says the man is too secretive and does not share enough.

Your thing is that you don't understand that the Hawks COULD NOT MAKE AN OFFER to Prz because of Al's cap hold.

No, we definitely could have made an offer to Prz. Whether they did or didn't is a seperate issue, but they definitely could have.

Quote:

Same thing with Wright but we still got him though, right?

No they don't. They have a verbal agreement but it is not a contractual offer.

The reason they Hawks don't have to worry about Lo is that he doesn't have any other offers close to that.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Magloire would be the undisputed starting center

I disagree. His season last year was a tremendous decline and he was injured the year before that. And, again, he's more of a plodding center that doesn't fit an up-tempo style.

I think the Magloire infatuation is more of an underestimation of Zaza than anything else. Magloire rebounds well, but he's not quick, not a shotblocker, not a consistent post presence, and is a free agent at the end of the season.

He's an average NBA center. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not losing sleep over an average NBA center.

• Premium Member

Quote:

That is just plain dumb. The Hawks were last in the league in giving up pts in the paint and Prz strength is his interior D.

I will go on record saying that Sheldon Williams will be as much an interior presence as Joel Pryzbilla is.

(And, exodus, you still refuse to accept the fact that Joel P. wasn't leaving Portland. It's a moot point).

Quote:

Quote:

Portland has money, and if we had tried to get Pryz they would have matched

No they couldnt because they didn't have his Bird Rights. All they could offer was the MLE.

I still don't know why Prz didn't sign the MLE for a year (second year player option is how you get around that CBA rule) and then get a bigger payday. It doesn't make sense unless he really wants the security of 5 years.

Quote:

And, exodus, you still refuse to accept the fact that Joel P. wasn't leaving Portland

Yeah that is why he called his team a bunch of quitters. And that is why his agent was heavily in contact with Chicago before the wallace signing.

You are doing nothing but making homer rationalizations. Find me one high profile free agent in recent memory who DIDN'T say he wanted to stay with his current team during the season.

Here were Prz words, not the words of his agent;

"In sports, nothing is certain, and this could be my one shot to make as much money as I can," Przybilla told the newspaper. "I'm not getting any younger."

click

I hope you're right about Shelden but that doesn't change the fact that Prz was the best interior defender in the free agent market that the Hawks could have gotten and the Hawks didn't make him an offer.

Quote:

Quote:

My thing witrh most on this board is, most assume they know who & what BK offered, and in the same breath says the man is too secretive and does not share enough.

Your thing is that you don't understand that the Hawks COULD NOT MAKE AN OFFER to Prz because of Al's cap hold.

if we told pryz we'd give him 7mil/year but he'd have to wait until Al was traded, he woulda waited for that

al's cap hold didn't stop us from doing ANYTHING this offseason because any player that we wanted to give enough money to that would be willing to play for us for that money would have just waited...why take mle when u can make millions more by waiting a month if that's what you want and what u are offered

this al situation didn't stop us from getting those guys...the fact that they didn't wanna play for us, or we didn't wanna pay them what it would take to get them, is what stopped it

The Hawks could not extend an offer sheet to Prz. That is a fact.

It is also a fact that other teams have been dealing freely while the Hawks have been stuck in a holding pattern waiting on the Al deal even since Speedy was signed.

But lets assume that the Hawks could make an offer to Prz and that Prz would have waited. The fact that the Hawks didn't pursue him is just pathetic since he more than any player would address the Hawks major weakness of interior D.

The deal Prz signed was for only $6 million/yr which the Hawks could easily beat. Whether they couldn't or simply chose not to the fact is that this is just another case where BK dropped the ball.

The Hawks aren't going to become contenders by acquiring cheap bench players from other teams.

Prz is one of the only guys I have seen who can handle Shaq 1 on 1. I was watching them play Miami earlier this past season and whenever Prz was in the game they played him on Shaq without help. Shaq couldn't do squat and in fact Prz was outscoring him through 3 quaters"

A primed Shaw would kill Joel.

yep. after leaving atl and going to portland, he pretty much made it known that he hated atlanta and wouldn't go back there.

besides, who cares how we face up with shaq? he's on a steep decline, and only shows up for most of the playoffs --and we won't have to worry about playing him then anyway.