• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2006 nba free agent center list

TheDude

I will go on record saying that Sheldon Williams will be as much an interior presence as Joel Pryzbilla is.

(And, exodus, you still refuse to accept the fact that Joel P. wasn't leaving Portland. It's a moot point).

I tend to agree with that. give him a couple months and he will be doing a lot of the things that were missing last year. They may not show up in the stats box, but he will be an important piece to playing defense and supporting Za.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Omfg! are we really boo hooing the fact that the Hawks missed out on signing Joel Pryzbilla. Give me an f-ing break. Thank God you're not our GM Exodus.

Am I the only one who remembers Pryzbilla barely making it through the 3rd quarter when he was here because he couldn't stay out of foul trouble. Nevermind his nonexistent offensive game.

I'll take Shelden's defense over breaking the bank for a mediocre one dimensional scrub like pryzbilla (who by the way made it known that he was happy to be out of atlanta when he left)

I love your selective memory, exodus. Some people are just desperate for something to cry about.

Quote:

The Hawks aren't going to become contenders by acquiring cheap bench players from other teams.

I think this is the most valid point that exodus and those against the Lo signing make.

It reminds me of the kind of moves football teams make when they sign a vet who they perceive has 2-3 years left in the tank. I think it speaks more to the fact that impact big men are hard to find, and consider the upgrade Edwards to Lo.

I posted several times not to expect much even when Bernie said we were getting a good player because of the hype they gave Edwards last year. What surpises me more is that the double talk about getting a young big man and instead getting a vet with a few years left.

Our roster as a whole is upgraded with the Speedy and Lo signings, and it's valid to ask if those are moves to make us contenders. Obviously they aren't, but it does preserve our capital to make future moves while upgrading our roster at the same time.