• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

definitive poll: Should Hawks take the Indy deal?

gsuteke

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

You can never have enough bigs in this league.

I like a Center rotation of Mihm, Zaza, Lo.

That means that if my PF goes down, I can play Lo there. and being that Mihm is only under contract for this year, he can be used for trade purposes or maybe Zaza or Lo could be used for a trade.

• Premium Member

The thing about it is that we know that Mihm is going to play hard because he's playing for his next contract. If Bk believes that what Mihm gives is something that we can definitely use, he can send Lo off to a team in need of a big (like Houston)... If BK feels that Mihm is just sticking it out, then we can sign off Mihm to a team like Houston.

Either way, too many bigs is a good problem to have, because I can almost guarantee that we may have a big get injured for at least 1 game.

I agree except I rather give minutes to Batista or even Solomon then to Lo Wright (assuming the acquisition of Mihm or Bynum). If the Hawks were competing for a championship that would be one thing but the team is still in the talent development stage - so might as well take the lumps now and see what the youngster can do.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Once we get that trade exception it will set us up nicely to make moves next season. We can package it with one of our young players and ship it off for a max contract player. Isn't that right, hawksfanatic? Just messing with you

Sadly I would bet the farm the Hawks will not do a max contract player.

• Premium Member

I think this is our year to step up to the plate and start winning. Look at the Wizards and Chicago. They are just as young as us. They are winning.

Like I have said many times, in basketball every team has a window. This is our time.

Quote:

I think this is our year to step up to the plate and start winning. Look at the Wizards and Chicago. They are just as young as us. They are winning.

Like I have said many times, in basketball every team has a window. This is our time.

agreed. Este, Solomon, Ivey, and Salim to an extent should see little to no time in the rotation.

we are one or two solid players away from being good for a long time.

Quote:

...No, I wouldn't do it. You are giving a 19ppg 7rpg player for a mid first round pick and 3 million.

The Hawks will take it because the Sprit is trying to operate on the cheap!

Well I don't know the financial situation exactly Vol4...but it sure seems that way sometimes.

I bet George Steinbrenner wishes the Spirit owned a MLB team.

--------------------

George's Assistant: "Mr. S, those Spirit guys got a .300+ hitting outfielder that they can't afford to re-sign."

George: "What do they want for him?...they probably want too much!"

G.A.: "No sir...this is the Spirit...apparently they just want a draft pick and $3million dollars."

Goerge: "$3million? You sure? (laughing) OK...get my checkbook."

Quote:

Isn't that right, hawksfanatic? Just messing with you

grin.gif

On the trade, it's really hard to say for sure without knowing exactly what else is being offered, but I'd lean toward taking the Indy trade, unless, another team was offering a deal with a first round pick and no bad contracts.

• Moderators

Quote:

i was serious when i started this post. i'm curious to see where everyone stands on this trade.

I don't feel I can answer with anything other than "it depends." Without knowing what LA and other teams are putting on the table, I can't determine if the Indy deal would be the best.

Quote:

and Salim to an extent should see little to no time in the rotation

Brace yourself. Lock the doors and close the curtains on your windows. Send your family to spend a few days with friends or relatives.

JohnnyBravo is coming for you.