• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Harrington quoted: 5 team wish list

gsuteke

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

He looked a hell of a lot better than lottery pick and 3rd year NBA player Sebastian Telfair.

That is faint praise.

It will be interesting to see who wins out in the end between those two. Last year Telfair got outplayed by Steve Blake.

Telfair just got traded two months ago for the #7 pick in the draft. Rondo looks significantly better than him. Therefore, Rondo wishes he was at the NBDL level in a few years when he fixes his jump shot.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Quote:

Quote:

Get Rajon and send him to "Remedial Shooting of the Basketball" classes for a year - followed up by a year of "How to make Free Throws"...if he graduates from both - send him to the NBDL.

In the summer league, Rondo averaged 10.4 points, 5.8 assists, 4.0 rebounds and 2.2 steals per game while shooting a very high % from the floor. He has shown nothing but promise in the early going of his NBA career. He looked a hell of a lot better than lottery pick and 3rd year NBA player Sebastian Telfair.

I was being a little hard on the guy AHF...I know you're a fan. I wouldn't have anything against having him as a Hawk as long as people don't think he would immediately come in and play minutes and back up Speedy. The only track record we have of him is checkered at best.

Quote:

Telfair just got traded two months ago for the #7 pick in the draft. Rondo looks significantly better than him.

I think you misunderstood me. I am not agreeing with the guy you responded to. I am saying that if you want to praise Rondo you should pick someone else to compare him to, meaning I think Telfair blows.

I haven't seen anything from Telfair to make me think he is a legit starter in the NBA. He seems to look to score first but he isn't that good of a scorer.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Telfair just got traded two months ago for the #7 pick in the draft. Rondo looks significantly better than him.

I think you misunderstood me. I am not agreeing with the guy you responded to. I am saying that if you want to praise Rondo you should pick someone else to compare him to, meaning I think Telfair blows.

I haven't seen anything from Telfair to make me think he is a legit starter in the NBA. He seems to look to score first but he isn't that good of a scorer.

Fair enough. IMO, Rondo is still too raw at this point to be considered as a starting Pg. However, he has the tools and can give you a defensive, change of pace PG off the bench right now. Kind of like a much better version of Ivey last year.