• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Refreshing...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I was listening to the two live stews yesterday and they were talking with Shareef. It was refreshing to hear him talk about being a fan of Atlanta Football and Basketball. He sounds like a really big Falcons fan and I think he's still a fan of the Hawks.

About the Hawks, he basically said that getting this new ownership group was a step in the right direction (even though this court battle is a stumbling block) and that with this young team, the Hawks fans ought to be patient.

I was shocked. Especially considering that one of the first moves this new ownership made was trading him?

I will tell you, that's one cool dude!

Quote:

I was listening to the two live stews yesterday and they were talking with Shareef. It was refreshing to hear him talk about being a fan of Atlanta Football and Basketball. He sounds like a really big Falcons fan and I think he's still a fan of the Hawks.

About the Hawks, he basically said that getting this new ownership group was a step in the right direction (even though this court battle is a stumbling block) and that with this young team, the Hawks fans ought to be patient.

I was shocked. Especially considering that one of the first moves this new ownership made was trading him?

I will tell you, that's one cool dude!

Never had a problem with him offcourt... It was his failures on the court that I didn't care for. The team went nowhere with him as the best player.

• Premium Member

It wasn't SAR's fault. He gave us exactly what we asked for: the best low post scorer on our team since Kevin Willis and a solid rebounder. He held up his end of the deal. The guy is a total class act and one of the NBA's best citizens.

I agree, Reef will always easily be in my top5 favorite NBA players. He's extremely talented and works extremely hard. His slight size disadvantage vs other PF's is all that keeps him from being a superstar. As it is you can count on him to get 15 and 7 even off the bench and with no offense ran for him. If you try to feature him he'll get you around 20 and 10 but he needs a dominant center to cover his size disadvantage. I'd love to see a replay of the game where he put up 50 on the Big Ben and the Pistons.

The main raps against Reef were that he was overpaid and seemed to always play for losers. Now he's a good value salary wise and hopefully someday he gets lucky enough to play for a good team, maybe even the Hawks.

Quote:

The main raps against Reef were that he was overpaid and seemed to always play for losers. Now he's a good value salary wise and hopefully someday he gets lucky enough to play for a good team, maybe even the Hawks.

He does play for a good team they are called the Sacramento Kings. With Artest available for a full season and the further seasoning of Kevin Martin and Francisco Garcia this team is on the rise again.

Guest Walter

Quote:

but he needs a dominant center to cover his size disadvantage.

I hope people realize the same is true with Josn Smith and he has absolutely no post move or desire to be there.

Love SAR, wish we hadn't given up Gasol for him though.

W

Quote:

It wasn't SAR's fault. He gave us exactly what we asked for: the best low post scorer on our team since Kevin Willis and a solid rebounder. He held up his end of the deal. The guy is a total class act and one of the NBA's best citizens.

I'm more worried about winning on the court. I blame him the same as I do Dog, JT, and of course Theo Crapliff.

Regardless of what they're like offcourt... Winning on the court is where it really matters. And those guys didn't win.