• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rick Carlisle on the radio

DrReality

This is a link to Indy's coach on the radio. He says that the Al trade will be done soon. (heard that before) Doesn't give a lot of specifics though.

For those who may want to hear Carlisle's comments I'll provide an audio link.

http://chaos.able-towers.com/~magicrat/carlislejmv.mp3

About 20 minutes in he discussed Al Harrington and the package the Hawks will get. He seems pretty sure the deal will be done. I can't see him coming on local radio and freely discussing it if its not basicly done.

thx for posting this!

I Notice that Carlisle said they would be trading a "combination of picks and other stuff"

I guess the other stuff= money

But, i wonder if the combination of picks

is 2 firsts or a first and 2nd round pick?

• Premium Member

As soon as Arn Tellem becomes Al's agent, it will be Indy's last time to deal.

Everybody at the table knows this. Therefore, Walsh and Co. has either decided to give BK what he wanted or to go the season without Al...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Indy folks have been hoping for 2 2nds instead of the 1st.

I would climb on the BK-hate-wagon if that were the deal.

Me too.

Count me in. 2nd round picks are almost worthless in the NBA. If we can't even get a 2007 1st rounder for Harrington I will be furious.

Yes special thanks to MagicRat from PacerDigest who took the time to record this.

Carlisle being a no-nonsense guy, I was surprised to hear him comment yesterday ,on the deal as much as he did.

Sounded fairly confident for what that's worth. Although I'm sure we'll know soon either way.

I would rather let Al walk than trade him for F'n 2nd round picks. This has to be a sick joke. I would let him walk and sign for the MLE.

It's one thing to have #31 and #32 picks (Salim, Arenas), but it's another to have some crappy #46 pick that won't even make your roster unless you have a terrible team.

If it's "picks" I want it to be an unprotected (or top 3 protected) 1st and at least a 2nd. I will take 2 lottery protected 1st's, given that the protection isn't 2 extreme.

Quote:

I would rather let Al walk than trade him for F'n 2nd round picks. This has to be a sick joke. I would let him walk and sign for the MLE.

It's one thing to have #31 and #32 picks (Salim, Arenas), but it's another to have some crappy #46 pick that won't even make your roster unless you have a terrible team.

If it's "picks" I want it to be an unprotected (or top 3 protected) 1st and at least a 2nd. I will take 2 lottery protected 1st's, given that the protection isn't 2 extreme.

Well I doubt it's two 2nd's

Indy traded away it's '07 2nd and the worst of it's '08 2nd to Portland.