• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There is 15 teams in East and that's

Popeye

Guest Walter

Quote:

i say 12, ahead of Haywood, Brezec and Rasho.

...he might even be lower. It's no offense to him as a player but he doesn't suit our team needs at center very well. I'd prefer him as a top 5 best BU centers in the NBA, than one that doesn't work well with our starting lineup of 2, Sfs.

W

• Premium Member

I like Zaza but I think he's just a very good BU center that brings energy to the floor. Unless he develops some footwork, low post skills, 10 foot jump shot and any kind of blocking insticts whatsoever to the table he shouldn't be counted on as our starter. I love his energy and his contract and I do believe he'll get better but some people here have an overbloated sense of what he is.

Well in his defense, at least Zaza hits the rim from 10 feet. Did everybody see the end of that SL game (can't remember exactly which one) when Salim drove the length of the court as time was expiring and passed off to Edwards at the last second when they collapsed on him? Edwards shot a 10 footer about 7 feet. It was sad. Salim was p!ssed. we lost by a point I believe.

So your saying Ratliff is ahead of Zaza too? Ratliff is a joke and does nothing but block a few shots if he is ever healthy to play. Zaza is also only 22yrs. old. Half the guys you listed are older and don't do a whole lot more than Zaza even as young as he is except play better defense. He can score and rebound better than half the guys on that list but I will agree his defense is horrible and needs improvement.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I like Zaza but I think he's just a very good BU center that brings energy to the floor. Unless he develops some footwork, low post skills, 10 foot jump shot and any kind of blocking insticts whatsoever to the table he shouldn't be counted on as our starter. I love his energy and his contract and I do believe he'll get better but some people here have an overbloated sense of what he is.

For a bad team or a team with (alot of money invested in) a tall, big dominant 2-way Pf, alah O'Neal. A great BU no matter what team.

How this is seen as hate is beyond me. We are trying to be a title contender, right? We then have to face our teams current and more importantly future limitations and problems head on. The one thing that makes that impossible is letting team sympathies override good judgement about a player's ability and whether he fits the role the team anticipates.

W

I think you have to look at the value of the centers, the talent level, and the potential to really rate all of them fairly. I think you have to rate them on both sides of the ball (OFF - DEF) and avg it out.

Here's my (2) top-10 lists:

OFFENSIVE:

1. Shaq

2. Zydrunas

3. Curry

4. Zaza

5. Krstic

6. Brezec

7. Darko

9. Muhammed

10. Bogut

DEFENSIVE: