• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you consider the following...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I wonder why we didn't look to deal with them...

They are seemingly just hoarding Big men the same way we hoard SFs...

I really hope that the pressure of Lewis' contract start to weigh heavily on them and they start to look for a Sf.

I saw Sene in SL and he's much more developed than i first believed but I would still take Robert Swift without hesitation.

I'm going to see what the general feel about Sene is...

• Premium Member

I liked Sene an awful lot and still do. He's extremely raw but he could be something special. Swift isn't as good defensively but he's more polished all around at this point. I'mn not sold at all on Petro but who knows.

I accepted last year when we traded for JJ that Childress was only a Hawk as long as he was on a rookie contract. He's out of here after that. Ditto for Smoove if he's not starting at the 4. We need to get value back from those guys.

And yes, I don't understand why Seattle takes 3 big men projects either but that team just got sold. The new management probably won't be that stupid and may be looking to deal at least one of them for something more proven.

• Premium Member

Swift vs. Petro...

S vs. P.

Here's the intro..

Quote:

Robert Swift 7'-0" 260 Entering 3rd season

Started 20 games last season, played in 47 and has played in 63 games total.

6.4ppg/5.6rpg/1.2bpg/3pf/.515fg%/.580ft% At 21mpg

vs.

Johan Petro 7'-0" 250 Entering 2nd season

Started 41 games last season, played in 68 games total.

5.2ppg/4.4rpg/.75bpg/3.13pf/.510fg%/.627ft% at 18.9mpg

• Premium Member

I don't know what the PER was and I don't want to get too seriously into stats on two guys who we all know are at least 2 years away from being somewhat developed but Swift looks more solid to me from what I have seen. Petro looked too soft for my tastes while Swift was willing to put his body into it.

Quote:

I would take a chance on Sene even though Chill is considerably better right now.

Yeah Ex...and if I were J.Chill, I would be happy to see a trade right about now. Of our 3 young 3's he's realistically the most ready right now - but he's not likely going to see any time there since most all feel MW and JS have more upside and need the minutes to develop. He can play the 2 some but JJ is our best player and is a workhorse. So he is kinda shut out here. Sure, he'll get some minutes - but were I him - I'd want to go somewhere where I could get a fair shot at becoming a starter and advancing my career.

Quote:

chill will get 25mpg this year

I think you're probably about right there N27...but he has no realistic way to break into the starting rotation unless there are injury problems. I'm just saying that there would probably be better situations out there for him and there may be deals that could improve the Hawks at the same time.

Word was that JC was miffed when the JJ deal went down because he thought he was being groomed for the 2 spot. Since JC realistically can only play the 2 or 3 - what chance has he got here of beating out either JJ or the MW/JS combo. Let's face it, high first round draft picks like JC don't come into the league dreaming of competing for the sixth man of the year award.