• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who will be our most improved player this year

jerrywest

i don't think smoove

i think he WILL be much better, but after last year's 2nd half, it'll be hard for him to be that much better than post-allstar break smoove to be the most improved on the team

i think marvin will get the mins, no al to defer to, and have the confidence and be aggressive enough to be a good player this year, giving him the most improved award

speedy will have a nash-like effect on our team, but to a lesser extent

chill will continue to improve and prove the naysayers wrong

This has already been said twice, but I'll co-sign again: Smoove was really good at the end of last season, so other players have a lot more room for improvement.

I think it will be Marvin, and I hope it will be Marvin too.

But I think Chill might have it in him to have a big season also.

might be a bit early to expect 16/7 out of Marvin...I picked him as most imporved, but I doubt he doubles his points.

13/7 is closer to what I'm expecting (hoping for, really). Along with the numbers I think he'll get to the line a ton (always has it seems), improve his man to man D (needs help for sure), turn the ball over a bit more than he has in the past (assuming he's playing the majority of his time at the 3 and trying to take it off the dribble), and pick up his intensity going after rebounds and loose balls inside. I felt like he felt outmatched physically last season, and lost some of the tenacity inside that he played with in college.

• Premium Member

I think this is the year that Zaza improves his FG% and his defense. I think Zaza will propel himself into the position of one of the top Centers in the East.

I can see him getting less playing time (which is actually good) and I see him playing beside better defensive counterparts and I see him playing with a better PG. I suspect Zaza's FG% will be somewhere around 49%.

Quote:

A "Nash-like" effect? Good thing you qualified that by saying "to a lesser extent." I think Speedy is a good addition and I advocating signing him throughout the course of last season but to compare him to Nash in any respect is stretching. Of course if you are only comparing him to Lue and Ivey then the extent of his impact cannot be understated.

Quote:

Quote:

A "Nash-like" effect? Good thing you qualified that by saying "to a lesser extent." I think Speedy is a good addition and I advocating signing him throughout the course of last season but to compare him to Nash in any respect is stretching. Of course if you are only comparing him to Lue and Ivey then the extent of his impact cannot be understated.

yes, it's qualified

i'm not putting him in nash's league or saying he's close to as good as nash

i'm simply saying that we will see a HUGE difference when he's on the court from when it's lue at the pg and u'll see it in the win-loss record, but again, not as drastic as what nash did it the suns