What impact bigmen are available next summer?

Blunt91

I was just thinking we can get by with Lo & ZaZa this year, but next offseason we need to seriously make a effort to get a legitmate starting Center. I don't care if we have to give up Marvin or Smoove we need to make a honest effort to sign a good center even if we have to pay the Max. If we can find a good starting center ZaZa could be the primary backup at the 5 and Lo Wright could be the starting PF. Hopefully Esteban will be sent packing after this year. Nice guy but he won't make much of a impact in this league.

Isn't Tim Duncan a free Agent next summer?

Guest Walter

Quote:

I was just thinking we can get by with Lo & ZaZa this year, but next offseason we need to seriously make a effort to get a legitmate starting Center. I don't care if we have to give up Marvin or Smoove we need to make a honest effort to sign a good center even if we have to pay the Max. If we can find a good starting center ZaZa could be the primary backup at the 5 and Lo Wright could be the starting PF. Hopefully Esteban will be sent packing after this year. Nice guy but he won't make much of a impact in this league.

With a #5 pick, Al, and a non-starter good prospect in Childress we could have all but had our picks of centers or center prospects without gutting the team's major young talent.

Next year Kaman is a RFA (may resign during the year). That means we'll have to give up the farm to get him assuming LAC or 28 other teams aren't his preference. Not sure he's what we need anyhow. Bynum was the perfect prospect for us.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Teams normally don't let bigs go very easily.

...for a prospect big like Bynum you had better chart your course directly into it rather than skirting it.

You can't PUNT your way to greatness.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

there are no confirmed offerings of bynum/filler for al/chill that we turned down...

Why believe those? Why believe anything?

At this rate Nicholas27, BK can run this franchise into rebuilding hell where mediocrity resides and because there were no "confirmed offers" made TO us you will continue to consider him the lord of all GMs, great, powerful, and wise.

Nicholas27, quit being a BK-apologist. Hold him accountable for something.

W

• Premium Member

The only big man that's a FA next year that I want and I believe is very attainable is Chris Kaman. I don't think the Clippers would go over 10 million a year to resign him and we would offer him enough to get him to sign an offer sheet.

• Moderators

Quote:

Hold him accountable for something.

W

Get over it, Walter. This Bynum whining is starting to border on obsession. There is NOTHING to indicate Bynum was available to us. There are media reports indicating BK tried to get him.

Hold BK accountable for something that is his fault at least. Not drafting Paul was his call. Not trading for Bynum isn't worth this much time since there is nothing to indicate BK had control over this.

Quote:

Get over it, Walter. This Bynum whining is starting to border on obsession.

Actually I prefer this over his Marvin...uh...commentary. If he stops talking about Bynum then he may have a Marvin relapse.

Personally I don't think Bynum was available.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You're kidding right? Based on this offseason what makes you think the Hawks will sign nothing more than mediocre talent?

The Hawks would not sign Tim Duncan if they had the cap to sign him outright. Why? They are not going to spend the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it means that we are in the same position as half the league, no impact big men on the roster. The difference is we haven't overpaid for a wannabe yet.

I think Kaman could be available next offseason. Don Sterling is the owner which means he doesn't care about winning. You do a front loaded deal, and watch him count the dollars and turn it down.

Okay would trading Childress & a future 1strounder(either ours or the Indy pick) for Kaman appease Elgin Baylor & Sterling? I would do it, don't know if they would agree to it. J-Chill would love being back in the LA area.