• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

It's almost the end of the day... no confirmation?

sturt

• Premium Member

Interrupting all of the wailing and knashing of teeth to ask...

Didn't someone (Sekou???) suggest that if nothing was concrete by the end of today, there's reason to doubt that IND is in Al's future?

Or, did I miss the announcement somehow?

Quote:

Didn't someone (Sekou???) suggest that if nothing was concrete by the end of today, there's reason to doubt that IND is in Al's future?

It's sad how much talking and such little action is going on.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

It's sad how much talking and such little action is going on.

As many times as this crowd has been led to the water, only to find that that horse ain't drinkin' yet... you'd think there'd be more hesitation before accepting a presumption, wouldn't you???

If you think we are antsy for it to be done, go check the Pacers Digest. They are waiting to hear about an ACTUAL PLAYER they are hoping to complete the addition of that they love from his past service there and that they hope will help them greatly in the coming season.

We on the other hand, are to get a distant future draft pick and unlikely to be used CAP SPACE.

• Premium Member

Quote:

...And if it doesn’t happen Monday morning, those other options Harrington and his new agent, Arn Tellem, have been talking about the past two weeks become the new reality. The Los Angeles Lakers, New Jersey Nets, Golden State Warriors, Boston Celtics and Minnesota Timberwolves, just for starters, are all ready to swap ideas should the Hawks and Pacers fail to come to an agreement. And yes, until the sides agree and actually sign the papers, all those other teams are still in the mix.

Yes, I've also read that IND stretched that into being an afternoon meeting.

And, yes, there's a bit of afternoon left.

But now really, how difficult is it to decide on something that's been on the table for the last, what, six weeks now??? crazy.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

If you think we are antsy for it to be done, go check the Pacers Digest. They are waiting to hear about an ACTUAL PLAYER they are hoping to complete the addition of that they love from his past service there and that they hope will help them greatly in the coming season.

We on the other hand, are to get a distant future draft pick and unlikely to be used CAP SPACE.

...at some point one must presume it is just another Groundhog Day until there is actual proof, not just evidence, to the contrary.

• Premium Member

Quote:

FWIW, ESPN950 is reporting the deal is done...

...according to the AJC.

Since the AJC says the deal is "nearly" done, I think we're still waiting...

That's been on ESPN Radio all day... I was listening around lunchtime, and just when you think there's acutal news, they cite "today's Atlanta Constitution-Journal."

• Premium Member

Quote:

...according to the AJC.

And to add, I'm just reading this on Pacersdigest.

So anyone on PD.com quoting me needs to quote this as well. (Hi, guys).

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

...according to the AJC.

And to add, I'm just reading this on Pacersdigest.

So anyone on PD.com quoting me needs to quote this as well. (Hi, guys).

(Just lurked over there... for the most part, none seem to be paying attention.)

Guest Walter

Quote:

I hope the deal falls through. Screw em all.

Tellum, for the Hawks to think bigger than scraps for Al Harrington! Package Chill with Al and get us a true center with potential!

W

• Premium Member

I had this inkling that just MAAAAAYBEE a deal was finished too late yesterday for the GMs to make an announcement and that we might hear about, at least, a news conference getting scheduled for today.

I give this thing about another hour, and if there's nothing announced by lunchtime, I'm inclined to think we may be in for another month of this--coz once it gets opened back up to the rest of the field of possible teams

that Sekou named, it gets a whole lot more complicated than what IND is talkin to BK about.