• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's time to hold Somebody accountable.. Petition.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I say this is 40 win or fired year for BK/Woody...

We've missed out on Paul, we've traded away Diaw, we didn't get ROY, Magloire or whoever else you want to mention.

It's time for some results.

If we don't win 40 games this seasons, that's it for BK...

Who agrees?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

It can be 38 wins.. And you don't have to add the pressure on the young team. However, the owners should have a number in mind that they hold BK to. Like the title says.. it's time for accountability.. not excuses.

I don't think accountability means there is a number. I don't think there is a number of wins that is satisfactory whereas one less isn't. If JJ is out for the season and we still win 35, I'll be very happy.

If it becomes clear that BK's plan is falling into place and this team has a great future, BK should stay. If the pieces are too mismatched, no real chemistry develops, and there are not many wins, BK should go.

I don't see why there has to be a number.

• Premium Member

Of course you make these decisions with the health of the team being considered (except for Speedy).. however, it seems like we're more willing to just declare a huge gray area from 29-38 and if he falls there we can find an excuse to keep him.

What I'm saying is that we ought to look like a 40 win team. We might only win 38 games, but if we look like a 40 win team in winning those 38, then that's a slide. However, this 30 game BS... Come on, if nothing else, we should progress year by year. If we're going to post up another

• Premium Member

Let me let you in on why your line isn't drawn far enough.

1. Last year, we won almost 30 games.

2. Last year, we lost several close games.

3. This year, we have a real PG.

4. This year, our young players will have matured some.

5. Last year, JSmoove was coming on strong at the end of the season and now he's supposedly looking like a beast.

When you add improvement to what we had last year, I think 20 wins should be the 20 yard mark in our 40 yard dash. I actually expect us to do better than 40 wins... but we shall see.

This summer was the time for BK to put the final pieces in place and field a complete team. Unfortunately we have two backups playing center which is going to really hold the Hawks back.

That is a major failure to me regardless of the win total next year.

30 is a disaster in that its only a 4 game improvement. The team has to get over 35 in my mind.

Woody is definately the first to go. If we are on "pace" to win 30, it will be obvious by January. At that point BK will have to make a choice. Of course this FUBAR of ownership might prevent a coaching move being made. Actually, now that I think about it, what coach would willingly join this frisked-up organization? Or even worse, what GM?

Quote:

If we don't win 40 games this seasons, that's it for BK...

Who agrees?

I agree for the simple fact that this is BK's fourth year. This is taking soooooo freaking long. There is nothing that says you can't be good when you are rebuilding, we have been rebuilding and just absolutely sucked.

Guest Walter

Quote:

That is a major failure to me regardless of the win total next year.

While I think a 10th place EC finish or better is an absolute must for both to stay I see these moves as directed towards mediocrity. Thus, even if we win more games we are still no closer and, having wasted this offseason, further from contention than we were the year before.

You cannot play a defense lacking borderline starter quality hybrid Pf/C with a 2, Sf lineup and get anywhere of importance.

W

Quote:

What I'm saying is that we ought to look like a 40 win team.

I agree with this. To put in one word, I think we need to regain respectability this year. We deserve it as fans, they deserve it as players. No more 2-16 start. No more being a joke to other teams who pencil in the win when they see us coming. No more getting all the bad calls. No more being known as a team that lets opposing guards get all the way to the basket without being stopped or hurt. No more focusing on next offseason 20 games into the season.

We need to go out there and get respect.

And JJ's team USA performance will help him get respect. And with respect come calls.

RESPECT!

• Premium Member

This is his team. Those are his players. That is his coach. 3 1/2 Drafts, 4 off seasons, multiple trades...lots of chances to do things. It is SOOO time for results. And let me say that again...

IT IS TIME FOR RESULTS!!!

I want to see 40 wins this year. I want to see a team with an identity that can win games. The Josh's are coming into their 3rd year. Marvin's on #2. JJ's 2nd season as a Hawk. Got a PG... Drafted an "NBA Ready" big. I'm not saying that this SHOULD = WINS. I'm saying BK has built his team. He has made his bed.

I just can't sit here any longer and say "You gotta give a GM time..." He has had plenty of it and has made the moves that he thought was best. He is going into his 4th year. That is plenty of time and certainly this is the pivital year.

...and Woody's tenure rides on BKs.

• Premium Member

I can't say that's ambitious. I think every year we come in with our expectations and sometimes we have to curb our enthusiasm simply because this team was very young and very inexperienced.

We're going on 4 years of that now. That isn't to say that this team should be any more mature or "THIS WILL BE THE YEAR." What it IS saying is that after 4 years...man, you better put a damn product on the floor or something that shows a tremendous amount of promise. Less you are looking at 5+ year rebuilding. That's getting into post-Jordan Bull/Clipper territory. I would call many phases of their rebilding mini-failures.

It's time to take the training wheels off. If BK doesn't have a team out there that can get close to 40 wins after 4 years, that is a hard knock against him. ESPECIALLY considering the assests and opportunities he has had.