• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's time to hold Somebody accountable.. Petition.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'd love to have Pryz on this team since what we need most he provides two of the three: rebounding and interior defense. The only thing he doesn't give is a low post option but his rebounding and defense are good enough to make up for that area. Too bad BK burned bridges with Joel enough to keep that from happening. mad.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

Quote:

When I talked to Jason I asked him about Pryz and he confirmed what I had already known: there was no chance in hell Pryz was coming back to Atlanta after the way BK treated him. BK made the decision to go with Collier over Pyrz.

I mean Pryz was our Bird's right's player, a great defender for us down the stretch, and he was cheap with a short term deal. I'm still scratching my head on that one.

Why would any GM anger or upset a player? Look at Donnie Walsh. He traded Al and Al still wants to go back to Indy. Must have a good relationship that even trading didn't foil.

I'm just curious because I can see BK being a Bee-atch towards a player that doesn't respect his authorit-I.

W

• Premium Member

I'm not exactly sure what specifically went on between them but I know its on a personal level with Pryz (at least). He did not feel he was given a fair chance after busting his ass on this team and not given a chance to stay and sign a deal with us. I never understood why we gave up on Pryz when all of us except for BK could see the effort, rebounds and defense he gave us every single night out there.

• Premium Member

Again, when he came over they asked him to do three things: hustle, rebound and play D. He did all three things that were asked. He actually liked the team we had and where he thought we were going. Then when he thought after he had proven himself on the team by doing all the dirty work BK shipped him off.

Quote:

Then when he thought after he had proven himself on the team by doing all the dirty work BK shipped him off.

Which brings us back to the same point. How bad do your people skills have to be to piss someone off when they were here for such a short time?

What makes it even worse is that the Hawks depth chart was so empty at that time. The only players they had under contract were Terry and Diaw.

The Hawks have been so desparate for bigs they have had to throw money at guys like Edwards and Drobniak.

Quote:

Again, when he came over they asked him to do three things: hustle, rebound and play D. He did all three things that were asked. He actually liked the team we had and where he thought we were going. Then when he thought after he had proven himself on the team by doing all the dirty work BK shipped him off.

That REALLY pisses me off. I can totally see BK doing this to Pryz too. He may have been here a short time, but I was very impressed the first game (the Rasheed game). He was fiesty, I think he got into a little scuffle after someone put a hard foul on JT.

This also builds upon my hatred of the worst human being alive, BK. How can he be such a d*ck to people? It is absolutely unbelievable especially for someone in such a high position like GM.

Guest Walter

Quote:

How bad do your people skills have to be to piss someone off when they were here for such a short time?

What makes it even worse is that the Hawks depth chart was so empty at that time. The only players they had under contract were Terry and Diaw.

The Hawks have been so desparate for bigs they have had to throw money at guys like Edwards and Drobniak.

The longer BK is GM it seems we piss off the potentials or run them off with our drawn out offseasons. If you were a FA with any real prior interaction with BK, would WANT to resign for him? He's an A-hole first and he either can't or doesn't get things done (timely). You have to also question his competence and direction given player and coaching decisions/moves.

W

• Premium Member

I'll admit, my first major "WTF?" moment with Knight came when Jason told me about Pryz and how the coaches wanted him to be resigned and instead we traded him off. Pryz does several things on the court that you need in order to win in the NBA. Why we would trade a young seven footer who could do those things AND was willing to stay in Atlanta was just...yeah. I still scratch my head over that one.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I'll admit, my first major "WTF?" moment with Knight came when Jason told me about Pryz and how the coaches wanted him to be resigned and instead we traded him off.

BK is one arrogant MFer. When you coach is even in support of signing a big, the big wants to stay, and the big is as good and cheap as Pryz how could you not sign him?

Stotts probably didn't let BK think resigning Pryz was his idea.

W

• Premium Member

Stotts being fired and Pryz leaving are not mutually exclusive. The coach and the player both wanted to stay and both wanted the other on the team. Joel saw his hard work go for nothing and the coach he liked tossed off as well. There was no way Pryz was going to sign a deal to come back to Atlanta after that.

Again, that whole inside the team drama made me scratch my head then and it still does now. I liked Collier but he couldn't do the things Pryz did. And call me crazy but tough defense, rebounding and being a team enforcer should at least get you the deal Collier got. But maybe that's just me.