• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why the Indy Deal May Be Best for Us

Nicholasp27

You quoted the numbers for Wade and Lebron. Who do you think was guarding them? Do you think they could guard those guys as well as JJ, Smith and Marvin?

A center can only do so much if the perimeter defenders suck. Nobody on that roster holds their opponents to a per under 16, except Prz of course.

Besides the numbers you quoted were their season averages anyway. it isn't like they went off for 40 ppg.

Quote:

So why do you think he would impact our team?

Because he is a strong man and help defender.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

the 2007 or 2008 draft. That's the Hawks' best shot.

The Hawks won't get a quality center in the mid 1st round. Any decent center will go top 10. Sene and Bynum were known projects and still went top 10.

It isn't outside the realm of possibility to get a quality center out of the top 10 but I agree you are right that it is a longer shot.

Here are a few examples, though:

Jamaal Magloire

Ben Wallace

Brad Miller

I can't beleive your obsession with Pryzbilla.

If it was some star player that was FA and we could get him if we wanted to, than i would see why you want him, but Pryzbilla. hell no.

I rather have Walter writting about Bynum.

Did you go to school with him or something??

Quote:

You do realize the Hawks were last in the league in pts in the paint defense, don't you?

Yes i do know that, but he is a Blazer now and no need to cry about him like he could be our savior.

We got Shelden and Wright and our defense should be better than next year.

Lets move on and cry about fricking Godzilla Prizbilla.

Quote:

Yes i do know that, but he is a Blazer now and no need to cry about him like he could be our savior.

We got Shelden and Wright and our defense should be better than next year.

The problem I have is people constantly making excuses for BK, saying Lo Wright is the best we could do at center. That is pure BS.

it is easy to say that "they can get a center later". it doesn't work like that. The center position is the hardest to fill and it will only get tougher as time goes on.

Other than an Al trade i don't see any realistic examples from anyone here about how the Hawks can get a quality center.

• Moderators

Quote:

Sure it's possible, but it's also possible that I might get struck by lightning when I leave work.

Arguably, 40% of the top 5 centers in the league and 3 of the top X (fill-in how high you think Magloire is) haven't been lottery picks. That is much higher than being struck by lightning. Although, I say that when my sister in law was struck by lightning years ago and her house was struck by lightning two weeks ago. Hmm...

• Moderators

Quote:

I have a neighbor whose chimney was struck twice.

I just don't think we can rely on the draft at this point, especially since center generally take time to develop.

I don't think you can rely on the draft unless until the actual draft comes. If we are holding the #1 pick next year (perhaps ala Orlando when they were the best non-playoff team and won the lottery), then we can guarantee Oden our starting spot!