• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Get on the phone Billy Knight!

gsuteke

At the very least if Billy Knight is calling other teams it will put some pressure back on the Pacers.

We are waiting on the Pacers to approve the trade at this point?

Mihm/Mckie/Cook is a possibility

The Knicks in a 3 way is a possibility.

The Nuggets for Camby or in a three way with them dumping Kmart on somebody.

The Memphis Grizzlies for Hakeem Warrick and Eddie Jones.

The Warriors in a 3 way. they could ship Murphy to Houston with Houston shipping some players our way.

I've proposed trades with all these teams over the past 2 months. Billy Knight should be 10X more creative at this than I am.

Get on the phone Billy Knight and get us our just due for Harrington!

And that's EXACTLY why you're not the GM of an NBA franchise.

LOL @ your Memphis trade. Why in the hell would the Griz trade away Warrick? They LOVE Hakim in Memphis.

Fans need to realize that whatever trade proposal that they come up with on realgm.com or any other of these sites, isn't necessarily feesible . . even if the numbers work.

Most of the trades proposed for Al, doesn't improve this team by leaps and bounds. So it's really no sense in doing some trade for an overrated player or a bunch of scrub players, just for the sake of doing it.

We'll do "something". But whatever we do, it's not going to drastically improve this team. The players that we do want ( like Camby ), aren't going anywhere.

It would take these motherf*ckers two hours to watch 60 minutes. I swear, there is no franchise this slow about getting things done. Other franchises get results....

How comes this one can't? It's beyond belief. Billy :

If they haven't given you what you wanted by now, chances are you're not going to get it. So deal with someone else.

Quote:

And that's EXACTLY why you're not the GM of an NBA franchise.

LOL @ your Memphis trade. Why in the hell would the Griz trade away Warrick? They LOVE Hakim in Memphis.

Fans need to realize that whatever trade proposal that they come up with on realgm.com or any other of these sites, isn't necessarily feesible . . even if the numbers work.

Most of the trades proposed for Al, doesn't improve this team by leaps and bounds. So it's really no sense in doing some trade for an overrated player or a bunch of scrub players, just for the sake of doing it.

We'll do "something". But whatever we do, it's not going to drastically improve this team. The players that we do want ( like Camby ), aren't going anywhere.

so what's your plan Northcyde?

i hope you're not a KB type, a revisionist if you will.

LOL @ what's MY plan.

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make.

(1) it's not my JOB to negotiate potential trades for Al, so what I post on a message board is irrelevant.

. . but if you want my opinion, here it is:

(2) we're better off KEEPING Harrington for one year, then try to deal him later, than to do some of these deals that people have proposed.

But if we do that, we suppress guys like Marvin and Smoove even more. But who knows? Maybe they're ready. Maybe they're not quite. But before we trade Harrington for some awful contract in Murphy . . or some Laker scrubs . . or a bunch of expiring contract players that aren't going to see the floor anyway . . I'd just rather keep Al, trade him for picks, or let him walk altogether.

People act like it's the end of the world if we don't get something for Harrington. IF we get something, that's great. IF we don't, then I have the utmost confidence that JJ, Smoove, Mavin, and Chill can get it done THIS SEASON.

Either way, I like the way this team is built for next season, even if we do need improvement in other areas.

And everybody knows that it's next offseason where you may see some big time talents come available.

I think this franchise has already made its commitment to JJ, Smoove, Marvin and possibly Childress. The problem is, the fans haven't made the same commitment. Let's see if these guys can develop into the things that most people on this board believe they can, before bringing in guys who will take playing time away from them, or take their starting spot altogether.

People on this board have stated in the past that this team would be better off without Harrington. I say, put your money where your mouth is, and support the kids.

• Moderators

Quote:

I've posed this question before and nobody could answer it.

why are there not more 1 year signings?

i am assuming we'd still retain his bird rights.

More risk on both sides. (For the player if he underacheives; for the team if he acheives or overacheives).