• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Billups

WraithSentinel

Anyone know what kind of money Billups will want next year and whether he would be worth it? Billups is 30 this year. He may have 3-4 good seasons left unless he pull a Sam I Am. Then he would have 6-7 good years left. I want to see the Hawks go after him strong next year. If we maintain our cap flexibility. Then there should be no trouble offering him a very nice contract. If the Hawks show enough progress. He would be tempted to come here.

Quote:

Anyone know what kind of money Billups will want next year and whether he would be worth it? Billups is 30 this year. He may have 3-4 good seasons left unless he pull a Sam I Am. Then he would have 6-7 good years left. I want to see the Hawks go after him strong next year. If we maintain our cap flexibility. Then there should be no trouble offering him a very nice contract. If the Hawks show enough progress. He would be tempted to come here.

He's going to be pricey, but he could come in here and take this team to the next level. I would love it, but I bet Dumars locks him up.

After the Big Ben and Darko debacle. He is probably on it right now. That resume Dumars has isn't looking too flawless right now. He has the championship. I wonder how many times he cries inside seeing Wade,Carmello,and Bosh play well. Then to see Big Ben walk out just after he traded Darko.

Quote:

After the Big Ben and Darko debacle. He is probably on it right now. That resume Dumars has isn't looking too flawless right now. He has the championship. I wonder how many times he cries inside seeing Wade,Carmello,and Bosh play well. Then to see Big Ben walk out just after he traded Darko.

I agree.... Joe got off to a great start, but it seems like everything backfires on him now.

• Admin

so don't get your hopes up. I think he'd be a pretty good fit for us. But there will be teams that look at the success his team has had and they will attribute it to him, just as others have attributed it to Dumars, Rasheed, etc etc, respectively. He'll get near max money, either from Detroit or from someone else. Looking at what Al is about to get, it's hard to argue with that too. He's a 18/8 guy who plays good D and protects the ball. I wouldn't pay max for him. But someone will.

• Admin

Ego has brought down many a man and I think it played a big part in knocking the pistons (players and org) down a notch. Maybe Dumars started believing the hype, the talk of greatness and felt that they would win because it's what they are supposed to do. Well, ego can't slow down Wade, it can't get you points in the paint and it won't clog up the paint like Ben Wallace did. You can put a fork in the pistons. Their one year championship run (which we should get credit for) come dynasty is kaput.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?statsId=3174

This is what happens when a guy who is raw but talented works hard every year at making himself a better player. NBA players peak in the 25-29 range.

1) I'd like for everyone to look at Billups' 3rd season to see just how bad a player can be at 23 and still turn it around. How many of us would've been calling for the head of a guard shooting 38% in his 3rd season?

2) For those who think Childress/MW/Smoove won't get much better, note Billups was 25 when he had his first good season.

3) For those who think JJ has peaked, note Billups just had his best year as a 29-year-old.

4) Boston traded Billups in his first season because they were so pissed off that he wasn't Tim Duncan (they were the favorites to win the first pick). Shipping off a player because he wasn't the best player in his draft doesn't correct the error; it only compounds it.

i don't know how much money we could offer for Billups, but i guess he is a great player in this league. He could be a leader for this young core, and could posibly take the hawks to the next level.I'm sure we have something good in the making, and CB would be a cornerstone, a veteran leader with championship experience