• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK poll

Guest Walter

• Premium Member

Even with BK acting swiftly, the deal wasn't done until after the ruling. Remember, the judgement stipulated that deals that he had already been working on were "OK"...

Well, we could have gotten into the Wallace bidding but other than that, there were no other deals that were possible... nor do I think we would have spent the money.

exactly, anyone we were talking to prior to the ruling was fair game. You better believe BK would have been talking to whoever he was interested on day 1 like he did for Cassel and then Speedy. The ruling is unlikely to have impacted anything, BK moves fast when it's useful.

BK would not have wasted any time on Wallace. If we thought we had a shot at him, we still would have pursued him even with Shelden.

Those are all valid concerns that drafting Roy or Foye would have brought up. I hope I will eat crowe, I really do. I'm just saying that Shelden is the only valid disappointment of the offseason.

Not taking Shelden definitely forces a new, different set of compromises. My philosophy is that if you don't have 2-3 stars, at that point in the draft you should look to draft a potential star. We did not do that.

I agree with Lascar that if we drafted Roy or Foye we would have run with Lue and a cast of combo guards at the point.

Which bigs would we have gotten?

Possibilities:

Elson

Nazr

Ely

Wilcox

Reggie Evans

Butler

Lo

Magloire

Pryz-(my feelings on this one are stated above)

Gooden

others?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Wow, talk about a black and white poll. Two pretty stark choices there, he either did 'well' or 'poorly'. Well what if you think the work Billy Knight did this offseason was somewhere in between? Maybe you could put a 'middlin' choice in there as well.

I second that...