• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can anyone confirm this?

Final_quest

Quote:

Just imagine if the Hawks get Bynum who turns out to be a flop while Marvin becomes an All-Star.

I think we would have to put Walter on suicide watch.

That would be poetic injustice for our Hawks LOL.

Realistically though, at the minimum Bynum would be a space heater who could hold his own physically one would think. He probably won't become Shaq-esque, but he couldn't hurt.

I guess it's up to Kobe'

That is what the search engine is for.

My favorite search engine bust was when someone (can't remember his name) started a thread this season busting our chops saying we should be glad BK didn't sign guys like Eddy Curry, Daly etc.

Then someone went and found that this same guy had a Curry lovefest over the previous summer, saying that the Hawks really needed to go after Curry. DOH!

Quote:

My favorite search engine bust was when someone (can't remember his name) started a thread this season busting our chops saying we should be glad BK didn't sign guys like Eddy Curry, Daly etc.

Then someone went and found that this same guy had a Curry lovefest over the previous summer, saying that the Hawks really needed to go after Curry. DOH!

That was hilarious. Someone should find that thread.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Just imagine if the Hawks get Bynum who turns out to be a flop while Marvin becomes an All-Star.

I think we would have to put Walter on suicide watch.

Because we gave it our best shot and took the chances we needed to take to get a true center prospect here for a scrap we lost (Al) and one we don't use and will lose (Childress)? This team is not designed well and will have to take chances if it is to ever get the title contending talent it needs! With some of BK's moves wasted, we don't have the capitol to make it without getting lucky. So, let's put ourselves in a position to get lucky. Get a true C with tremendous potential and set our 2, Sfs with potential up to succeed with him. Do so without sending out much of value TO THE TEAM! BRILLIANT!

I'd love it if MW became an all-star for us. I think having a true center here, particularly a dominant 2-way one, makes that much more possible and the 2, sf lineup more feasible for the team. If we make the 2, Sf lineup more feasible, then MW (and JS) has/(have) a better shot of succeeding with us.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

No people like Walter don't admit they're wrong. They blame someone/something else, or practice selective memory.

I admitted that while I still think Iggy and Deng were better picks and prospects than Childress, Childress is a better player than I thought he would be. Unfortunately, he's buried deeper on our bench than just about anyone.

I was also wrong about JR Rider, although I think we had to rebuild the team and the worst case is we would do so thuroughly if Rider imploded, still I regret ever seeing the guy in a Hawk's uni.

I've even said I was wrong to want Deron over Paul. Early, but the returns seems pretty solid for Paul no matter who he is compared to from last year's class.

I take strong positions but when have I blamed someone else or used selective memory and what have you admitted you are wrong about?

W

Quote:

Quote:

No people like Walter don't admit they're wrong. They blame someone/something else, or practice selective memory.

I admitted that while I still think Iggy and Deng were better picks and prospects than Childress, Childress is a better player than I thought he would be. Unfortunately, he's buried deeper on our bench than just about anyone.

I was also wrong about JR Rider, although I think we had to rebuild the team and the worst case is we would do so thuroughly if Rider imploded, still I regret ever seeing the guy in a Hawk's uni.

I've even said I was wrong to want Deron over Paul. Early, but the returns seems pretty solid for Paul no matter who he is compared to from last year's class.

I take strong positions but when have I blamed someone else or used selective memory and what have you admitted you are wrong about?

W

Seems like you have been wrong a LOT