• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kenyon Martin

Johnnybravo4

The more this Al drama goes on, the more I am convinced that we will end up trading Al/Edwards to Denver for Kenyon Martin.

Why would we do this? Well first it would give us another high profile player to energize the fan base.

Second Kenyon would infuse a sense of energy into the team and would serve as the vocal leader that Joe Johnson is not.

At best Kenyon becomes the heart and soul of the team and we make the playoffs.

At worst we are a slightly below avg team and we could move Martin at the trade deadline to a contender for expirers and try again in free agency next year. As limited as Kenyon Martin is, think about this lineup.

Speedy/Lue/Salim

JJ/Childress

Smoove/Marvin

Kenyon/Shelden

Zaza/Lo Wright

That is a pretty exciting lineup to watch. Martin's contract is big but it isn't oppresively big. We would still have enough money to sign Marvin and Smoove to 7 mill a year contract extensions. We'd have to move Smoove though

I just don't see BK making a move for these Pietrus, Mihm, Cook type deals.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Speedy/Lue/Salim

JJ/Childress

Smoove/Marvin

Kenyon/Shelden

Zaza/Lo Wright

We put Kenyon and SW ahead of either JS or MW getting any time on the court at Pf. Drafting SW was a mistake, but don't add another Pf mistake to the roster. I don't think either JS of MW should play many minutes at Pf, but this decision precludes them from enough time on the court period as Childress would probably get a few Sf minutes as well. This is aside from the fact that Kenyon is injured, overpaid, and not particulalry good without Kidd.

Quote:

We would still have enough money to sign Marvin and Smoove to 7 mill a year contract extensions.

NO way both would resign if one is on the bench. Basically, you've benched 3 of our 4 top prospects. It was bad enough when BK did it by drafting SW this offseason. You just made it somehow worse.

W

• Premium Member

Not just his contract. He is riddled with injuries and he already has had the kiss of death for a NBA player: microfracture surgery on his knee. No one who has had that surgery has played at the same level they were at before it.

I thought about this move too but his injuries and his contract together with his bad attitude makes me say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Thank God he picked Denver over us or we would be the ones with his anchor tract and worst of all we would not have gotten JJ.

Quote:

The more this Al drama goes on, the more I am convinced that we will end up trading Al/Edwards to Denver for Kenyon Martin.

Why would we do this? Well first it would give us another high profile player to energize the fan base.

Second Kenyon would infuse a sense of energy into the team and would serve as the vocal leader that Joe Johnson is not.

At best Kenyon becomes the heart and soul of the team and we make the playoffs.

At worst we are a slightly below avg team and we could move Martin at the trade deadline to a contender for expirers and try again in free agency next year. As limited as Kenyon Martin is, think about this lineup.

Speedy/Lue/Salim

JJ/Childress

Smoove/Marvin

Kenyon/Shelden

Zaza/Lo Wright

That is a pretty exciting lineup to watch. Martin's contract is big but it isn't oppresively big. We would still have enough money to sign Marvin and Smoove to 7 mill a year contract extensions. We'd have to move Smoove though

I just don't see BK making a move for these Pietrus, Mihm, Cook type deals.

Re: Sekou: Updated? [Re: Diesel]

#165814 - 08/19/06 10:27 PM Edit Reply Quote

It is hilarous that y'all are going on Lakers websites looking for an objective opinion on Stiff Mihm.

you make the assertion that we should trade for Kenyon Martin and then 4 minutes later you turn around and call Chris Mihm a stiff.

niiiice grin.gifconfused.gifgrin.gifblush.gif

I wasn't going to a site to look up what they thought of Mihm. I wanted to see if they knew anything about Al, and read the thread they had on Mihm.

I love Johnny Bravo's posts, they are all about bringing in the biggest name possible. Regardless of contract, injuries, etc.