• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumored 4-Team Deal (Link)

vdunkndunk

Here's an article from the San Fransisco Chronicle by staff writer Janny Hu:

Quote:

Meanwhile, Golden State appears to have received yet another lifeline in its pursuit of Al Harrington. The Hawks' forward is still on the market, despite switching agents from Andy Miller to Arn Tellem, after a sign-and-trade deal between Atlanta and Indiana reportedly was nixed by Pacers ownership.

According to two league sources, the Warriors have revived discussions with three teams on a multiple-player swap, with the principal parts involving Mike Dunleavy Jr. going to the Clippers, Corey Maggette to Denver and Joe Smith to Atlanta, with the Warriors getting Harrington.

Though it would be a thorny transaction to meet salary-cap requirements, Tellem represents both Harrington and Dunleavy. A similar multi-team deal was discussed in Las Vegas during the summer league, according to one of the sources.

Link

I think this is a fairly reasonable and realistic deal, although the Hawks would have to get a 2007 first-round pick included somehwere along the way, and I would hope the Warriors would add in Michael Pietrus as well (because according to the Warrior's board Dunleavy's cap hold is not as big as his contract and the Warriors would have to add in an additional player). Pietrus is an athletic two guard who's a lock down defender at the 1, 2, and 3 positions. I wouldn't mind adding him too.

Yeah, I agree, the Warriors would be getting a steal if they got Harrington and only had to give up Dungleavy. They would get out of a mistake contract and get the player they want. They'd have to come off more than that. One thing is for sure, I'm glad Tellem is involved in all of this.

• Premium Member

I think the deal would probably work.. however, I'm sure Al would want more than 7.5 million to start.

Maybe GS gives up Biedrins to us.

GS gets Al/Edwards

Clipps get Dunleavy Jr.

Denver gets Maggette.

Atlanta gets Biedrins/Smith/2 million cash.

That would be a fun deal.

Assuming Biedrins is someone we'd definitely want, would we trade Al and Chilz for Joe Smith, Biedrins, and Pietrus (with Dunleavy going to the Clips, etc.)?

Or, we could sub Salim, Edwards, and a second rounder in '07 instead of Chilz and they could keep Pietrus.

I suppose we wouldn't need Lo if we got Biedrins and Joe Smith.

Quote:

I think the deal would probably work.. however, I'm sure Al would want more than 7.5 million to start.

Maybe GS gives up Biedrins to us.

GS gets Al/Edwards

Clipps get Dunleavy Jr.

Denver gets Maggette.

Atlanta gets Biedrins/Smith/2 million cash.

That would be a fun deal.

Clippers need more. Denver needs to give up more. Is Biedrin better than a 1st round pick from GS? I think GS 1 st rounder with top 7 protected could be a very good pickup.

• Premium Member

I'm looking strictly at salary.

Salary wise, Dunleavy Jr. is a BYC player and in order for the trade to work, we'd have to take on 25% of his salary. That's about 1.85 million... roughly Biedrins. If we sent Edwards, then it goes from being Biedrins to being Pietrus.

Playing wise, why would LAC want Dunleavy Jr. over Maggette?

Media would say coaches son. That's about the only reason. Maggette is much better than Dunleavy Jr. in every way but games played. LAC would probably be getting a pick from somebody.. probably denver. Denver has Dallas' pick to give.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I would think the only guys BK really wants are Biedrins and Ellis. I don't see where Petrius fits since he will be competing directly with Childress.

Listen fellas I'm not sure we are in the cat bird seat here. We may not be able to pick and choose what we want. I am with you with Biedrins but I doubt we can get him, the Warriors are pretty high on him and the Hawks are in a bind to rid Al's contract.

Quote:

I'm looking strictly at salary.

Salary wise, Dunleavy Jr. is a BYC player and in order for the trade to work, we'd have to take on 25% of his salary. That's about 1.85 million... roughly Biedrins. If we sent Edwards, then it goes from being Biedrins to being Pietrus.

Playing wise, why would LAC want Dunleavy Jr. over Maggette?

Media would say coaches son. That's about the only reason. Maggette is much better than Dunleavy Jr. in every way but games played. LAC would probably be getting a pick from somebody.. probably denver. Denver has Dallas' pick to give.

I heard a few times before that Maggette has fallen out of favor with the Clippers.He was also pissed that he lost his starting job.They view him as a blackhole that kills ball movement.I dont think they even played him that much in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

Well, that may be it. But you still have to consider that they would still probably want a pick back. I wouldn't be shocked at All if the deal is:

Al/Edwards to GS.

Dunleavy Jr./Dallas' pk (via Denver) to LAC

Maggette to Denver.

Joe Smith/Pietrus/2 million cash to Atlanta.

If we can get Pietrus from GS, salary wise, it means we also can get Diogu. The question is... Would GS give up Diogu. I have my doubts.

Maybe we should make it a five team trade. Pietrus going to San Antonio for Oberto!

Al/Edwards to GS.

Dunleavy Jr./Dallas' pk (via Denver) to LAC

Maggette to Denver.

Pietrus to San Antonio

Joe Smith/Oberto/2 million cash to Atlanta.

I would let the parties concerned know that without Petrius and a future 1st round pick this deal doesn't happen. With Smith and Petrius we end up with about 10 million more cap room next summer with a loaded FA class, and a first round pick always helps.

Speedy/Lue/Ivey

Johnson/Petrius/Stoudamire

Smith/Childress

Williams/Smith/Lanlord/Batista

ZaZa/Wright/Edwards

....May be a playoff team!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I would let the parties concerned know that without Petrius and a future 1st round pick this deal doesn't happen. With Smith and Petrius we end up with about 10 million more cap room next summer with a loaded FA class, and a first round pick always helps.

Speedy/Lue/Ivey

Johnson/Petrius/Stoudamire

Smith/Childress

Williams/Smith/Lanlord/Batista

ZaZa/Wright/Edwards

....May be a playoff team!

Red,

The other teams know that the Hawks are in a bind with Al and probably will not offer anything significant. What if we go with your suggestion and no one makes a suitable offer? Do we just let Al walk for nothing????

I think it may make more sense to let Al be forced to sign somewhere else for the MLE if you can't get the deal that benefits you adequately.

let's break this down.

The Hawks are in essence taking back the 8 million or so in salary that Al will want in his first year for a first round pick, maybe Bedriens.

Is 1 first round pick and Bedriens worth 8 million dollars to you? It isn't to me. this isn't monopoly money we're talking about here.

I flamed Hawks ownership repeatedly for accepting INdy's TE as opposed to players but I'd have to side with the owners not taking those players in this deal.

We are in essence suggesting the Altanta Spirit pay 8 million dollars for Bedriens, and a hope and a prayer (1st rounder).

Guest Walter

Quote:

Listen fellas I'm not sure we are in the cat bird seat here. We may not be able to pick and choose what we want. I am with you with Biedrins but I doubt we can get him, the Warriors are pretty high on him and the Hawks are in a bind to rid Al's contract.

I see people wanting a 1st rder and one of GS's youngin's. I don't think that happens. I do think, with O'bryant drafted (and even Taft), that Biedrins is available. MY 1st choice would be Monta, but I believe this is a case of GS not being willing to give him up.

We can simply release Al to get out from under his contract.

Unless LAC is looking at Bonzi Wells for Sg, getting rid of Maggette doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me. It is the Clipps though.

W

I'd love to get Biedrins or Ellis, but I just don't see the Warriors letting those guys go. Pietrus, on the other hand, is expendable for them and is a great young prospect and lockdown defender.

He initially broke into their rotation by guarding the opposing PG, so he could play with JJ in a big-guard lineup and allow JJ to run the offense w/o worrying about guarding smaller, quicker players--Pietrus can handle that.

Plus, we could really use a lock down defender off the bench to handle guys like Kobe, etc., and grabbing up good young prospects is always a positive and allows you to have more options later.

My ideal trade based on this scenario:

Joe Smith (expiring contract)

Michael Pietrus

2007 first round pick from Denver