• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

An open statement to Hawks management

gsuteke

it's the entire management team's fault for screwing the pooch on this one.

I agree Billy Knight should receive a reduced sentence to that of the ownership in this case.

i am so frustrated. This Harrington S&T was such a wonderful opportunity for the Hawks.

this is almost a worst case scenario for Atlanta. It's not as if Harrington were going to receive no offers and Atlanta was going to be stuck with nothing in return. Unfortunately that's close to what we got, nothing. They got some salary relief. good for them.

this is quickly evolving into a situation where you are forced to root for your favorite team in spite of it's management.

Quote:

The Spirit need to quit the damn lying..Don't get on the radio and say we will spend up to the salary cap then refuse to better the team..

I don't know man, it could be either way. BK's intent from day 1 has been to build the team with no bad contracts, even if that means signing no one in certain periods. It's hard to tell what is coming from the ownership, and what is BK's decision.

Quote:

They didn't agree to spend millions and millions and be forced to sell at a loss a year later. I can see how they would be hesitant. They didn't get into this knowing that satan could possibly force them to sell at cost.

Well if they didn't know that "satan could possibly force them to sell at cost" then they are very poor investors indeed. They signed the LLC member agreements.

Quote:

Well if they didn't know that "satan could possibly force them to sell at cost" then they are very poor investors indeed. They signed the LLC member agreements.

I don't disagree. They are partly responsible for this whole circus in that somewhere along the way, one of them or their lawyers dropped the ball.

What I disagree with is the contention that they're cheap, or that Belkin would be better.

Guest Walter

Quote:

You can't blame Knight on this one unless you want to say he should have dealt Harrington at the trading deadline last season before any of this really hit the fan.

If you see a court date coming down the pike, there really is no advantage to keeping Al unless you are going to package him for a big deal (no evidence of that), and there are legit options like Artest available, you've got to do it.

Even without the court date keeing Al until the offseason wasn't a win move.

BTW, I do believe I can hold BK responsible. There is no reason the 2nd best FA gets you only a 20 something pick while imporving a division rival when the other team HAS to do a sign and trade. I also hold him responsible for this team's performance this year. If he wants to continually PUNT if not stop rebuilding altogether and make moves towards mediocrity, then he can accept the consequences if they don't work out.

W