• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sekou reporting trade officially done

lifelong

Guest Walter

Quote:

I thought we would address a need (Center) with Al as that trade piece.

Absolutely right. Al's value to us was as part of a deal to return us a center or center prospect. We won't get that with a 20 pick and whatever we do get won't be worth making a playoff spot rival this much better. In RFA we'll have to overpay AND trade away significant young talent. Should have gotten it done this year anyhow.

Diesel, I hadn't even though of how much we are helping Indy in this deal in awhile, but we may have just traded our way out of any playoff race with it. One more better team we have to contend with now.

W

Quote:

Seems like my non inside info came out to be true. Especialy the part about Al heading out to indy tomorrow. I also said that the deal was done this afternoon, and that the announcement would be coming soon. Though vague, it still was true. But I'm glad a more reliable source came through with the same regurgitation from ESPN.com 14 hours ago.......
laugh.gif

here we go again........different topic, same mess.

Quote:

Honestly does it matter though? It's dumb that it's protected, but with harrington, I don't see how the pacers could miss the playoffs. It would be a nice insurance, but highly unlikely to come in play.

With O'Neal being injury prone. Healthy, I think Indiana can be a 44-47 win team this year... But they have some injury prone players, so who knows?

Guest Walter

Quote:

that we could have traded Al for more at the deadline without taking back ridiculous contracts and/or crap players?

do we have Miss Cleo in the house or similar?...lol

Go Hawks!

Laugh out loud at this lineup

Roy/Speedy or Banks

JJ//Childress

Artest/MW

JS/MW

ZaZa/Lo

I'd also have looked to move Childress for a young center prospect or traded up into the draft for one.

That lineup is seriously good. 1-4 is tremendous with Childress able to get us a center prospect in return, potentially dominant. I didn't make any particularly challenging moves. Just drafted one available player different, traded Al for Artest, and got me a smaller guard to create an awesome 3-guard rotation. Athleticism, power, skill....all there.

W

The only positive about this trade is it gives us SOME measure of excitement with next years draft. I for one love the build-up and speculation each year surrounding the draft as much as anything. Who knows, maybe BK will pull another Josh Smith out of his butt with a mid-round pick.

Quote:

Right now the Hawks main need is a center who can play D. i don't see how they are going to get one with what will be, at best, the 15th pick.

I understand that. Honestly we blew our shot at a C in free agency, not with Al. At best we could have gotten a very average center like Mihm who is barely better than Zaza if at all.

Nevertheless, I think most people here will be really, REALLY glad that we at least have a mid-late pick in the draft next year.