• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Harrington fans appreciation thread!!

Popeye

gracias Al por tu profesionalismo y actitud en estos 2 años. Siempre fuiste una presencia positiva en la cancha y en el vestuario para un equipo muy joven. Simplemente la situacion no era la mejor ni para ti ni para el equipo, y ahora tu estas donde querias estar y Atlanta puede desarrollar el tandem Smith/Williams en forma adecuada.Te deseamos lo mejor en tu nueva etapa en Indiana, y siempre te recordaremos.

Quote:

I've got news for you Reality. If not playing D, having a gross misunderstanding of your own game, and never seeming to do anything but wait on the wing for the ball is your idea of a role model then?

So, you think that a 10 year old kid that likes AL is concerned about his defensive positioning? We are not talking about scouts or experts as role models. We are talking about younger people(kids). Being a nice guy and playing in Nba is enough to be a role model.

How often does a ten year old see Al? Only playing really. And that is where he is selfish and lazy. How is that the right attitude to project. We don't know what he is like off the court. I don't know him. Do you? But I do know what I see on the court. And I'm glad it's gone.

P.S. I loved Smitty. He was the Ultimate role model. And he was the same man on the court. Do you see my line of thinking?

Quote:

How often does a ten year old see Al? Only playing really. And that is where he is selfish and lazy. How is that the right attitude to project. We don't know what he is like off the court. I don't know him. Do you? But I do know what I see on the court. And I'm glad it's gone.

P.S. I loved Smitty. He was the Ultimate role model. And he was the same man on the court. Do you see my line of thinking?

Did AL do anything stupid for the time he was here(offcourt)?

Al is not selfish, he averaged 3.1 assist per game, but he was our 1st or 2nd option so he had to shoot the damn ball. Al played out of position here anyways so you don't know what his defense is like guarding the 3s. We didn't have 4s so he was forced to play PF for us.

I know he was out of position. Barkley was out of position his whole career. If you have to get the assist and don't set picks, don't move without the ball and don't see the floor enough to make the pass before the pass then the assist numbers are skewed. He demanded to be the 2nd option and we sucked because of it. Ever see Al dive for loose balls? No. Anyway it's a moot point as he is gone and we will win because of it.

Quote:

I know he was out of position. Barkley was out of position his whole career. If you have to get the assist and don't set picks, don't move without the ball and don't see the floor enough to make the pass before the pass then the assist numbers are skewed. He demanded to be the 2nd option and we sucked because of it. Ever see Al dive for loose balls? No. Anyway it's a moot point as he is gone and we will win because of it.

That's why Barkley is a HOF and Al wil not be. I too am happy that Al left just because we have Marvin and JS at 3.

Bottomline is that Al is a true proffesional and you can say whaterver you want.