• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What we've converted our assets into

Nicholasp27

Smoove: Theo/SAR got us Sheed got us #17 pick got us Smoove

This was a great trade sequence; who would trade smoove for theo/sar now?

JJ:

1mil cash for Sjax contract for Al for 2007 indy pick

JT for walker/delk for lal pick

late 1st to draft diaw

those 3 became JJ

so JJ cost us a late first and JT and our great signing of sjax to a 1mil/year contract and swapping ours/indy's pick this year (which could be a GOOD thing if we finish above them!)

This was a great trade sequence; Who would trade JJ for JT/late first/Sjax/swap back from indy's 2007 pick now?

So our old team assets that BK had when he started the rebuilding 30 months ago was traded for JJ/Smoove

We get Chill regardless since pre-post sar/theo trade had roughly same record, so Chill is either way

We got Marvin from this rebuilding since we wouldn't have had #2 if we had kept sar/theo/jt

So the JJ/Smoove/Marvin trio is pretty much what bk got for the assets he inherited

Zaza/speedy/batman/lo were good signings that had nothing to do with our old assets

Slim/Ivey were 2nd rounders we'd have either way (altho without the rebuilding, we wouldn't have gotten slim since he wouldn't have fallen to 40th pick)

I, for one, would take JJ/Smoove/Marvin/Slim over Theo/SAR/JT/#40 last year any day of the week

So I think BK has done a good job of upgrading our assets

I also like the drafting of chill and the speedy/zaza/batman signings

Lue/lo are just temporary

jury is out on shelden

Yes, we possibly could have done MORE without making the 'mistakes' that get harped on here all the time, like getting paul instead of marvin (jury still out there tho), not really getting anything for nazr, etc...but can u really say we haven't done a GOOD job of improving our assets in the past 30 months?

I think if we can improve our assets and potential that much in the first 30 months of rebuilding, that we are doing a good job; nobody (other than kb) is saying we are doing a PERFECT job, but we are still doing a good job nonetheless and i think we shouldn't be so quick to call for BK's head

Quote:

JJ:

late 1st to draft diaw

those 3 became JJ

so JJ cost us a late first and JT and our great signing of sjax to a 1mil/year contract and swapping ours/indy's pick this year (which could be a GOOD thing if we finish above them!)

This was a great trade sequence; Who would trade JJ for JT/late first/Sjax/swap back from indy's 2007 pick now?

So our old team assets that BK had when he started the rebuilding 30 months ago was traded for JJ/Smoove

We get Chill regardless since pre-post sar/theo trade had roughly same record, so Chill is either way

We got Marvin from this rebuilding since we wouldn't have had #2 if we had kept sar/theo/jt

So the JJ/Smoove/Marvin trio is pretty much what bk got for the assets he inherited

Zaza/speedy/batman/lo were good signings that had nothing to do with our old assets

Slim/Ivey were 2nd rounders we'd have either way (altho without the rebuilding, we wouldn't have gotten slim since he wouldn't have fallen to 40th pick)

I, for one, would take JJ/Smoove/Marvin/Slim over Theo/SAR/JT/#40 last year any day of the week

jury is out on shelden

Yes, we possibly could have done MORE without making the 'mistakes' that get harped on here all the time, like getting paul instead of marvin (jury still out there tho), not really getting anything for nazr, etc...but can u really say we haven't done a GOOD job of improving our assets in the past 30 months?

I think if we can improve our assets and potential that much in the first 30 months of rebuilding, that we are doing a good job; nobody (other than kb) is saying we are doing a PERFECT job, but we are still doing a good job nonetheless and i think we shouldn't be so quick to call for BK's head

i don't understand one thing.. sjax was traded for straight up for harrington..so what does that have to do with JJ??????

Quote:

JJ:

late 1st to draft diaw

those 3 became JJ

jury is out on shelden

Great great post. I was thinking about doing this.

Edit this and send this to AJC.

• Premium Member

I'm sure that I can play the Hindsight game and show how trading Dominique got us JJ.

Does that mean that the Dominique trade was good? NO.

Gentleman, each trade stands alone and is indicative of what was going on with the franchise at that time.

You can't compare getting JSmoove with getting Indy's pick. We were in a different place. We were rebuilding. When you're rebuilding picking up picks for talent is acceptable... However, things are different now. Now, our agenda should be to win... However, many people are still trying to rebuilding!

here is why I am so upset over the Indy trade. it's related to Diesel's last comment.

by trading Al for a 1st rounder we have a squad that will probably win 32 to 35 games this year.

if we had traded Al for let's say the LAL offer of Mihm/Mckie/Cook I think we could have won closer to 40 games.

Mihm is a solid backup center and McKie could provide some veteran leadership.

all that money would be off the books after next year so we'd be back to zero regardless.

I'm thinking about winning in 2006-2007. I think some of us are resigned to being bad for one more year.

that's it and I'm out. everyone enjoy their day grin.gif

it's not BS

it's a look at what BK has done in the 30 months he's been rebuilding us

we have gone from that team to this team

we used our assets then to get us the players i mentioned while we got zaza/speedy/chill/etc without those assets

so he turned those assets into jj/smoove/marvin over a lower pick/slim over a lower pick/shelden over a lower pick

if mihm won't take us to the playoffs, why are we letting him zap pt from our young bigs?

what's

the

point

?

how does it help us to CONTEND in the future?

i don't care about +/- 5 games this year, unless we are talking playoffs vs non-playoffs...i care about our future contention possibilities

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

i don't understand one thing.. sjax was traded for straight up for harrington..so what does that have to do with JJ??????

harrington got us indy 2007 pick which replaces our 2007 pick

so it changed it from us giving up a 2007 1st to us giving up sjax + swapping picks with indy

We aren't giving up Indy's pick in our deal with Phoenix and our pick is much more valuable than Indy's so I have a hard to accepting the premise here that the Indy 2007 pick that is very unlikely to be in the lottery replaces our 2007 pick which is very likely to be in the lottery.

[quote....No arguing that. I just don't see it as a replacement situation.

Definitely not a true replacement, and unlike many, I don't wish bad things for Indy so our pick is better...I just hope the Hawks will be able to find a diamond in the rough with it that will improve our team.

It would have been a bummer to have no pick next year.

• Premium Member

Quote:

ts very unfortunate that in your mind you can trade Dominique into JJ.

That is my response to the foolishness about the Jax deal getting us JJ?

If you really want to play the hindsight game... Manning Leaving us high and dry was a good thing.