• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What we've converted our assets into

Nicholasp27

Quote:

Smoove: Theo/SAR got us Sheed got us #17 pick got us Smoove

This was a great trade sequence; who would trade smoove for theo/sar now?

JJ:

1mil cash for Sjax contract for Al for 2007 indy pick

JT for walker/delk for lal pick

late 1st to draft diaw

those 3 became JJ

so JJ cost us a late first and JT and our great signing of sjax to a 1mil/year contract and swapping ours/indy's pick this year (which could be a GOOD thing if we finish above them!)

This was a great trade sequence; Who would trade JJ for JT/late first/Sjax/swap back from indy's 2007 pick now?

So our old team assets that BK had when he started the rebuilding 30 months ago was traded for JJ/Smoove

We get Chill regardless since pre-post sar/theo trade had roughly same record, so Chill is either way

We got Marvin from this rebuilding since we wouldn't have had #2 if we had kept sar/theo/jt

So the JJ/Smoove/Marvin trio is pretty much what bk got for the assets he inherited

Zaza/speedy/batman/lo were good signings that had nothing to do with our old assets

Slim/Ivey were 2nd rounders we'd have either way (altho without the rebuilding, we wouldn't have gotten slim since he wouldn't have fallen to 40th pick)

I, for one, would take JJ/Smoove/Marvin/Slim over Theo/SAR/JT/#40 last year any day of the week

So I think BK has done a good job of upgrading our assets

I also like the drafting of chill and the speedy/zaza/batman signings

Lue/lo are just temporary

jury is out on shelden

Yes, we possibly could have done MORE without making the 'mistakes' that get harped on here all the time, like getting paul instead of marvin (jury still out there tho), not really getting anything for nazr, etc...but can u really say we haven't done a GOOD job of improving our assets in the past 30 months?

I think if we can improve our assets and potential that much in the first 30 months of rebuilding, that we are doing a good job; nobody (other than kb) is saying we are doing a PERFECT job, but we are still doing a good job nonetheless and i think we shouldn't be so quick to call for BK's head

There are a bunch of different ways to look at this.

Would you trade Rasheed for Smoove? I guess Detroit still does that trade today because it helps them win a championship. For the Hawks, Rasheed would have made the team better but may not have resigned, so who knows. I am happy with Smoove, but it is not like we fleeced anybody to get him.

JJ essentially cost JT, Diaw and a first. That is a lot to give up. Again, not like the Hawks fleeced anyone and Dallas and Phoenix are more then happy with those deals as well.

Miami is probably the only team that is DEFINITELY better, but even then you never know with Shaq during the regular season. Indy could be the #2 seed if everything goes right. They are about in the same boat as

Detroit

Cleveland

Chicago

New Jersey

for the second tier. I think those 6 teams are guaranteed the playoffs

Indy is better than Milwaukee and Washington, and WAY better than the Sixers or Celtics

I could see the regular season rankings being

1-Miami

2-New Jersey

3-Indy

4-Chicago

5-Detroit

6-Cleveland

7-Milwaukee

8-Toronto or Washington

I think Toronto are basically our equals. They improved in the short run by trading a redundant piece in CV for a needed piece in TJ Ford. I think he will help get them easy buckets. Somewhere in the 8-12 range in the East. But yeah I probably have them a little high. I think Charlotte, NY, Boston will be the worst teams in the East. Actually, I forgot about Orlando. I'll take Orlando for the 8 seed.

Upon further review and after looking at a full listing of the teams, I think the "tiers" and my guestimation of where they finish is roughly:

I:

1 Miami

II:

2 New Jersey

3 Indy

4 Chicago

5 Detroit

6 Cleveland

III:

7 Milwaukee

8 Orlando

9 Washington

10 Atlanta

11 Toronto

12 Philly

IV:

13 Boston

14 Charlotte

15 New York

I think 8-12 will be very tight.

• Moderators

Quote:

Toronto could be decent if someone steps up as a credible second option to Bosh. Big "if" though.

My problem with Toronto is that there isn't a team in the East I would bet on them to be better than next season.

True, but there are three or 4 teams you can say that about - including the Hawks, Knicks, and Bobcats. All 4 of those teams have no track record of success and, with the exception of the Knicks, rely heavily on very young players.

I am not saying the Hawks youngsters won't be good, but the NBA's elite are typical made up of veteran teams.

• Moderators

Quote:

True, but there are three or 4 teams you can say that about - including the Hawks, Knicks, and Bobcats. All 4 of those teams have no track record of success and, with the exception of the Knicks, rely heavily on very young players.

I am not saying the Hawks youngsters won't be good, but the NBA's elite are typical made up of veteran teams.

I agree. That is why I would not predict any of those teams as playoff teams for the upcoming season if I was putting money on my picks.

Quote:

I think Toronto are basically our equals. They improved in the short run by trading a redundant piece in CV for a needed piece in TJ Ford. I think he will help get them easy buckets. Somewhere in the 8-12 range in the East. But yeah I probably have them a little high. I think Charlotte, NY, Boston will be the worst teams in the East. Actually, I forgot about Orlando. I'll take Orlando for the 8 seed.

Upon further review and after looking at a full listing of the teams, I think the "tiers" and my guestimation of where they finish is roughly:

I:

1 Miami

II:

2 New Jersey

3 Indy

4 Chicago

5 Detroit

6 Cleveland

III:

7 Milwaukee

8 Orlando

9 Washington

10 Atlanta

11 Toronto

12 Philly

IV:

13 Boston

14 Charlotte

15 New York

I think 8-12 will be very tight.

I think that breakdown is pretty good. Pretty big gap between 1 and 2-6 and 2-6 and the rest.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i don't understand one thing.. sjax was traded for straight up for harrington..so what does that have to do with JJ??????

harrington got us indy 2007 pick which replaces our 2007 pick

so it changed it from us giving up a 2007 1st to us giving up sjax + swapping picks with indy

We aren't giving up Indy's pick in our deal with Phoenix and our pick is much more valuable than Indy's so I have a hard to accepting the premise here that the Indy 2007 pick that is very unlikely to be in the lottery replaces our 2007 pick which is very likely to be in the lottery.

that's why i put swapping picks as one of the costs of jj

we'll see just how high of a cost it is next spring

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i don't understand one thing.. sjax was traded for straight up for harrington..so what does that have to do with JJ??????

harrington got us indy 2007 pick which replaces our 2007 pick

so it changed it from us giving up a 2007 1st to us giving up sjax + swapping picks with indy

We aren't giving up Indy's pick in our deal with Phoenix and our pick is much more valuable than Indy's so I have a hard to accepting the premise here that the Indy 2007 pick that is very unlikely to be in the lottery replaces our 2007 pick which is very likely to be in the lottery.

that's why i put swapping picks as one of the costs of jj

we'll see just how high of a cost it is next spring

You are right. I didn't read the last line there closely enough.