• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford-Insider request

Johnnybravo4

Fair enough, honest mistake. I skimmed through it, it's a pain in the ass to read articles when somebody posted the whole URL and it's all stretched out.

Nevertheless, you can't ignore the fact that we could only send Al where he wanted to go, and his true desire was clearly Indy. The only other real options seemed to be GS and LA. I'd prefer a pick to Murphy. I'd probably prefer a pick to Mihm, but it's close.

This deal is highly uninspiring, and a letdown compared to what I expected prior to the offseason, but it's not too bad a deal. We got a starting PG, we got a young big and a backup big. We don't have a starting center, nor could we have gotten one through Al. Mihm is no more starting-caliber than Zaza is.

I think people will appreciate this deal more next year when we at least have a 1st.

After all, Al was an unrestricted free agent. Even pistons fans didn't whine this much when they lost big ben for nothing after trading Darko to make room to resign him.

Quote:

This deal is highly uninspiring, and a letdown compared to what I expected prior to the offseason, but it's not too bad a deal. We got a starting PG, we got a young big and a backup big. We don't have a starting center, nor could we have gotten one through Al. Mihm is no more starting-caliber than Zaza is.

We certainly could have used Foster. He is a tremendous rebounder, far and away better than anyone we have on our team. We didn't need any more offense, so his lack of scoring is moot. He's not that great of a shot-blocker, but neither are Zaza or Wright. Supposedly that's why we drafted the giant head.

Quote:

...Indiana, who at best will be a 6-7-8 seed...

The jury's gonna be out on that for awhile. Some think that Al's combination of a good mid-range jumper and low post moves are exactly what Indy needs as a second option to go with JO down low. Some think Indy will now be a contender next year.

I sit the fence as usual.

Quote:

Quote:

...Indiana, who at best will be a 6-7-8 seed...

The jury's gonna be out on that for awhile. Some think that Al's combination of a good mid-range jumper and low post moves are exactly what Indy needs as a second option to go with JO down low. Some think Indy will now be a contender next year.

I sit the fence as usual.

You still have to be able to guard somebody, which none of those guys can. What is even more hilarious will be J'Oneal trying to guard the Shaqs, Z's, Duncans, etc of the world. Pacers better avg 120 a game.

• 5 months later...

As I said in this thread, Al did not make Indy better.

I was saying to a friend in the offseason that Indy did not need Al because they had Granger who was more of a true SF and probably just a better basketball player.

Now Indy says they want to get Granger more PT at the 3. LOL I love these GM's who make big bucks to make horrible decisions that I can see through in my spare time.