• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

List all of the Trade Offers the Hawks recieve

WraithSentinel

• Premium Member

Quote:

If you want to try to argue a mid-1st is worth more than Nene then go ahead but I won't even bother to respond.

I agree that a Watson/Nene for Al Harrington deal is better than the mid-first the Hawks received. It's my opinion (and one I cannot prove, of course) that the Hawks were the ones who proposed that deal because it makes more sense for them than the Nuggets (who needed an upgrade in the backcourt at the time).

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sekou said it was a rumor. Sheridan confirmed it and said the deal almost went through but that Atlanta didn't want Watson.

You accused me of providing a faulty source saying that Sheridan wasn't talking about Nene when he obviously was. Now when your stupidity gets pointed out you try to change the subject.

I was asked for a source and I gave a national source. if you want to say an ESPN writer is not a credible source then I ask you WHAT IS A CREDIBLE SOURCE?

And this nonsese about me deceiving the board....you can shove that up your @ss.

Quote:

A trade proposal is a statement of consideration

WTF is that nonsense? You think teams publish all their trade proposals somewhere?

Quote:

that the Hawks were the ones who proposed that deal because it makes more sense for them than the Nuggets

That is a separate argument. However I doubt BK proposed Nene/Watson because he didn't want watson.

He is trying to say I am deceiving the board since Sheridan didn't mention Nene by name. Needless to say I have a problem with that.

• Moderators

Quote:

He is trying to say I am deceiving the board since Sheridan didn't mention Nene by name. Needless to say I have a problem with that.

I agree with you that Nene was obviously part of that rumor and that your quote was not deceptive in any way. Whether a rumor is true or not is a separate issue but it doesn't go to ex's credibility.

The only legitimate offer that has been confirmed is the one where Golden State offered Troy Murphy and the 5 years at approximately $51 million he has left on his deal for Al. Some fans want to make up offers and believe that Atlanta should have made those trades, when in reality those deals were never offered.

I can't imagine why some fans would want to take on a contract like Troy Murphy's though. Billy Knight made the best deal that was available to him. He got a 1st round pick in the 2007 draft that will be in the low lottery to mid-first round range. I highly doubt that pick will be lower than 16 or 17 in the first round. This is a good position to be in for the Hawks. They are back in the 2007 draft.

Watson and Nene was never offered for Al.

Nene and Lenard was offered for Al, and that was it. Basically, a gimp that was going into the last year of his deal and a completely non-impact player.

Get your facts straight before you go spouting off.

Quote:

Watson and Nene was never offered for Al.

And how exactly do you know that?

It was reported everyone for a long time. The reason you are trying to deny the offer is because it makes BK look bad.

I guess Sheridan just made it up when he said the deal almost got done but BK didn't want Watson's contract. After all that sounds SOOOO unlike BK.

Quote:

Get your facts straight before you go spouting off.

You don't have any facts at all. Any opinion you have is a fact in your warped mind but not in reality.

Well, obviously, it was a bunch of you, because you are certainly belly aching about making the Indiana deal when it was the best deal being offered. The only other offer was Troy Murphy. It doesn't take much deductive reasoning to determine that some of you would rather have Troy Murphy and his contract than a first round pick and salary cap flexibility.

Because it came right out of Bernie Mullin's mouth.

The Denver offer was Voshon Lenard and Nene for Al Harrington. That's it. No draft picks were involved. No Earl Watson was involved.

But we would rather believe someone that has no insight into the situation that to believe the president of the Hawks.

Quote:

The Denver offer was Voshon Lenard and Nene for Al Harrington. That's it. No draft picks were involved. No Earl Watson was involved.

Nice misdirection.

The deal i was talking about wasn't a Atl-Denver trade. It was a 3-way involving Indy and Artest.

And I would take Nene over a mid-1st rounder any day.

Of course you would. You would obviously rather have Nene at $60 million and a cap crippling contact than have a mid-first round pick.

$60 million for a guy who has never averaged more than 10 and 6 in a single season or a first round pick along with equal production at a 10th of the cost in Lorenzen Wright.

• Moderators

Quote:

Oh. So you would have rather traded Al for Lenard and Nene, and then lost both Lenard and Nene this offseason?

Although exodus and I disagree on how much Atl could have signed Nene for, the guy is a restricted free agent and there is no way he would have been lost this offseason unless Chi or NO ponied up big $$ for him that the Hawks were unwilling to match.

YOu are one of the people here who regularly make coherent arguments. Just because I disagree with you sometimes doesn't mean I can't see your side.

KB on the other hand isn't isn't exactly known for rational arguments. I gave up on him long ago.

• Moderators

Quote:

YOu are one of the people here who regularly make coherent arguments. Just because I disagree with you sometimes doesn't mean I can't see your side.

I read your posts the same way - and sometimes end up changing my mind.

You should be laughing at yourself, because you obviously supported the idea of signing Nene to such a large contract, considering that you are blathering on and on like about the Hawks not making the deal to get Nene and Lenard.