• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

List all of the Trade Offers the Hawks recieve

WraithSentinel

i cant see how ppl would be so thrilled to get a crippled Nene and voshon leanard for AH?

sure Nene could make a complete recovery, and make it back to his previously mediocre stats, but there is no guarantee of that

Meanwhile, we would have been screwed last year without Al, cause Marvin wasnt quite ready

I just dont get it i guess :P

Go Hawks!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

You should be laughing at yourself, because you obviously supported the idea of signing Nene to such a large contract, considering that you are blathering on and on like about the Hawks not making the deal to get Nene and Lenard.

He has been arguing that the Hawks could sign him to a much cheaper contract than Denver did. You are off base on this one, KB.

Quote:

Quote:

He would have probably take about 500,000, just so he can play with us.

He wouldn't be any cheaper.

I certainly can't argue with such a well thought out post.

No, i understand your points but, maybe Chicago and NO wanted him, but Denver resigned him too soon.

Maybe that's why NO got Chandler as their 2nd choice or Bulls got Ben, cause they sure could use his inside scoring that Ben doesn't provide.

we don't know, what could of happen if Denver didn't want to sign him.

• Premium Member

From an insider on a Nuggets' board. This guy called the Joe Smith trade days before it happened, reported the Nuggets' interest in getting involved in a Harrington swap weeks before it was reported, and so on...

His information is good, and I mean GOOD.

Quote:

We know Nenes' work ethic. We know who is, and we have a pretty good handle on who he can be for us.
The Hawks were after him big-time (this was before the court decision), the Bulls were interested (if they struck out on Wallace, Nene was next) and we were called for sign & trades by 9 teams, each of whom would have given him a Dampier contract.
The reason we didn't get Iverson is that Philly demanded him over Camby and Kenyon, and THEY would have given him a Dampier deal.

Nene's contract (which is closer to $50M when you subtract the incentives) was BELOW market value.

He WOULD NOT have come cheap.

Quote:

His new agent is renowned for getting his players overpaid.
He told us unequivocally that if we made Nene play for the tender, then he would absolutely not re-sign with us under any circumstances.

And one more thing:

Quote:

Nene makes $8 million this year. Significant portions of Nene's deal are deferred. The true net present value of the deal isn't anywhere close to $60 million.

Quote:

We know Nenes' work ethic. We know who is, and we have a pretty good handle on who he can be for us. The Hawks were after him big-time (this was before the court decision), the Bulls were interested (if they struck out on Wallace, Nene was next) and we were called for sign & trades by 9 teams, each of whom would have given him a Dampier contract. The reason we didn't get Iverson is that Philly demanded him over Camby and Kenyon, and THEY would have given him a Dampier deal.

You just proved my point. Chicago had their sights on Wallace. All the teams looking for SNT deals are irrelevant unless the Hawks actually wanted to deal him.

No mention of NOK who is the one team who could have reasonably made a big offer.

And Dampier's contract was less than 10 million per year, compared to the 12 million per year Denver paid him.

Thanks for reinforcing my argument.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Thanks for reinforcing my argument.

You mean your argument that Nene would have signed a reasonable deal with the Hawks when there were NINE teams interested in a S&T that would have paid him more than Denver?

Can I join you in your fantasy?

Quote:

You mean your argument that Nene would have signed a reasonable deal with the Hawks when there were NINE teams interested in a S&T that would have paid him more than Denver?

Using Diesel math?

Denver paid him 12 million per year. Dampier makes less than 10 million per year.

Teams over the cap wouldnt be able to make an offer anyway. Even if one of them was willing to pay the max it would be irrelevant.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Teams over the cap wouldnt be able to make an offer anyway. Even if one of them was willing to pay the max it would be irrelevant.

Umm, exo-logic going on here. In a sign-and-trade, a team over the cap can receive players back who make more than the MLE.

You must be awfully confused by the Al Harrington to Indiana deal, huh?

Guest Walter

Quote:

You mean your argument that Nene would have signed a reasonable deal with the Hawks when there were
NINE
teams interested in a S&T that would have paid him more than Denver?

Who cares how many teams? 1)NeNe would have been O-U-R RFA! Teams would not offer what NeNe got paid without our at least seriously threatening to match and getting a better pick than we got to consumate the deal. That or we, as a team that NEEDED a center and had the money, not like Denver who it wouldn't appear could afford him, kept NeNe reasonably. There was no risk taking on NeNe. None. Potentially it resolves our center position problem. There were many rumored moves better than what we got, that didn't help our opposition, that didn't handicap our offseason, and that didn't make us a laughingstock two years in a row.

W

Quote:

Umm, exo-logic going on here. In a sign-and-trade, a team over the cap can receive players back who make more than the MLE.

You must be awfully confused by the Al Harrington to Indiana deal, huh?

Man you can't be this clueless.

If the Hawks had Nene THEY WOULDN'T BE LOOKING FOR SNT DEALS. They would be trying to resign him. Therefore any team over the cap would be out of the market.

Could Isaih bid on Ben Wallace or Peja? Geez.

And Dampier makes over 2 million/yr less than Nene so i don't get how you are getting Dampier makes more.

Guest Walter

Quote:

They can want to make such a deal all they want. Helps us out. We can demand more to play our role.

Talent being equal, it is always better to have a RFA vs an UFA to sign and trade. In our position it would be better to have as many teams interested in NeNe as possible. If they offer enough to make us wince, they still need us to not match the offer (see our JJ deal to realize how you can a team with RFA rights can still get 2 picks and Diaw when the player has refused to play for his "former" team, the team can't afford to keep JJ at the max, and we further front load the deal to make it not only all but impossible but also stupid for them to do so). That earns us more than the lotto protected Indy pick.

So, how couuld we lose more than we lost with NeNe over Al?

W

Yeah.

Nene is a true center that is barely 6'10" and can't jump. He's also a true center that has never averaged more than 6.5 RPG in his NBA career.

We really missed the boat when we didn't trade for his career 10.7 PPG and 6.2 RPG average despite the fact that he has averaged almost 30 minutes per game during his career, and also give him the big contract that he got.